Addons

• Post by Julien.b.t (June 21, 2024 at 3:24 PM).

This post was deleted by the author themselves (June 21, 2024 at 3:25 PM).
  • I tried this but I still don’t see the airport

• Julien.b.t

Thanks for the screenshot, which could help us:

In your screenshot you can also see a file called

• main.mcf

This file is updated every time (!) you close FS 4:

According to your screenshot, an FS 4 last accessed this user directory on Saturday, June 15, 2024 at 11:37 p.m. I assume that your Mac shows the current time and date displays, so that your current FS 4 is currently not (!) accessing this user directory.

Question: Have you deleted FS 4 from your Mac since June 15th and reinstalled it?

In that case, there might be a second installation and you would have to look for the other user directory.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• I did first purchase it through steam and then refunded it and bought it through the App Store.

Regards

Julien

computer: MacBook air m1

controles: Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle + Thrustmaster Rudder pedals + logitech G pro flight yoke

• I did first purchase it through steam and then refunded it and bought it through the App Store.

OK, and now you probably have 2 different user folders.

If you only want to use 1 version of FS 4, then it is recommended to save the scenery data in the FS 4 user you are using.

If you want to use both versions of FS 4, then it is recommended to save the scenery data
    - in the user folder of one FS 4 and
    - also access this user folder from the other FS 4.

This can be stored in the main.mcf (see https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.…_scenery_folder)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

• OK, and now you probably have 2 different user folders.

If you only want to use 1 version of FS 4, then it is recommended to save the scenery data in the FS 4 user you are using.

If you want to use both versions of FS 4, then it is recommended to save the scenery data
    - in the user folder of one FS 4 and
    - also access this user folder from the other FS 4.

This can be stored in the main.mcf (see https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.…_scenery_folder)

But I only have 1 version of FS4 The other one is gone

Regards

Julien

controles: Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle + Thrustmaster Rudder pedals + logitech G pro flight yoke

• The purpose of the FS 4 user directory is that it is independent of the FS 4 system files. This may have led to you deleting an FS 4 version, but not deleting the associated FS 4 user directory (this is not unusual for apps on the Mac, by the way).

Now it's time to
    - find the "new" FS 4 user directory,
    - move the downloaded files there and
    - then enjoy FS 4.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• The purpose of the FS 4 user directory is that it is independent of the FS 4 system files. This may have led to you deleting an FS 4 version, but not deleting the associated FS 4 user directory (this is not unusual for apps on the Mac, by the way).

Now it's time to
    - find the "new" FS 4 user directory,
    - move the downloaded files there and
    - then enjoy FS 4.

I’m sorry but what do you exactly mean by user directory?

Regards

Julien

• There are two directories in FS 4:

(1) The actual FS 4 directory on my Mac is here:

• /Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator

As a user, I should never change anything in this directory.

(2) My FS 4 user directory is located here on my Mac:

• /Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 4

This is where I, as a user, save my add-ons.

Your screenshot above shows your user directory of your FS 4 version that you had on your Mac until June 15, 2024. However, in my opinion, your newly installed FS 4 version has set up a different user folder.

Information about the user directory is also available here:

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• As far as I can see those are the only 2 I would honestly not know where else to look

Regards

Julien

• And it’s not This directory ?
    /Applications/Aerofly FS 4.app/Contents/Resources/scenery

This looks more like the FS 4 system folder to me.

Here I have described how to find the user folder on the Mac:

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• This looks more like the FS 4 system folder to me.

Here I have described how to find the user folder on the Mac:

That was it.
    It works now, thank you very much

I added a short cut to my dock to make it easier to find

Regards

Julien

• Yes, that goes in your user directory in one of the "aircrafts" folders. I do it like this:

• /Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 4/addons/aircraft
      => for complete aircraft from third parties
    • /Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 4/aircraft
      => for additions (e.g. liveries) to FS 4 aircraft

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• Yes, that goes in your user directory in one of the "aircrafts" folders. I do it like this:

• /Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 4/addons/aircraft
      => for complete aircraft from third parties
    • /Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 4/aircraft
      => for additions (e.g. liveries) to FS 4 aircraft

So for me that would be this path because the other one wasn’t working?

/Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-4-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 4/addons/aircraft

Because I tried putting a fs 4 addons plane in there and did not see it in the sim.

And is it possible to covert a FS 2 livery FS 4? I would like to have this livery for the c172 (https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…nt-hb-cit-2016/)

Regards

Julien

• For me it worked to simply copy FS 2 liveries to FS 4. Just try it, you can't break anything.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations: