• Why There Should Be an IPACS Community Discord Server

1. Centralized Hub for Fans

- Unified Community: Bringing fans of IPACS games like Aerofly FS and Aerofly RC together in one place fosters a strong, unified community.

- Easier Access to Information: A centralized location for news, updates, and resources makes it easier for players to stay informed.

2. Enhanced Player Experience

-Support and Assistance: New and experienced players can get help with technical issues, gameplay tips, and modding support from the community.

- Sharing Knowledge: Players can share tutorials, guides, and tips, improving the overall player experience and helping newcomers get started.

3. Community Engagement

- Events and Contests: Regular events, such as flight challenges and screenshot contests, keep the community engaged and active.

- Showcasing Creativity: Channels for sharing screenshots, videos, and custom content allow players to showcase their creativity and accomplishments.

4. Feedback Loop for Developers

- Direct Feedback: Developers can gather direct feedback from the community, which is invaluable for improving the games and addressing player concerns.

- Bug Reporting: A structured bug reporting system helps developers identify and fix issues more efficiently.

6. Promoting Growth

- Attracting New Players: A vibrant community can attract new players to IPACS games, contributing to the growth of the player base.

- Cross-Community Partnerships: Collaborations with other flight simulation communities and influencers can help raise awareness and expand the community.

7. Real-Time Communication

- Instant Interaction: Real-time chat allows for immediate interaction, fostering quicker resolution of issues and more dynamic discussions.

- Developer Q&A: Regular Q&A sessions with developers provide a direct line of communication, building trust and transparency.

8. Recognition and Rewards

- Member Recognition; Implementing a role and recognition system can highlight and reward active and contributing members, boosting morale and encouraging participation.

- Community Highlights: Featuring outstanding contributions from members helps to motivate others to participate and contribute.

Ofc some of those features can be fulfilled with the Ipacs forum but it think a server would still be considerable.

• New
    • Official Post

Also, should you go into social media like X and post something?

Unfortunately all this would take away time from actual development and the discussions would be spread across multiple platforms and it wouldn't be as easy to respond for us developers. Our responses would just get lost in a flood of comments, unlike here in the forums, where you see who the devs are and where we can have multiple ongoing threads and have links to other threads and links to our blog posts embedded in the post. The forum is also more persistent, so that any new user can read up on the latest posts from the beginning or search through the forum for answers.

• I discovered a long time ago that there are a considerable number of "hidden users" in this forum, and those statistics are located below the reply box. When the official posts new blogs and popular threads, those users appear more frequently, and this forum may be more lively than imagined

I don't know much about Discord, but the accounts on X actually don't have many users discussing and solving problems. MSFS, along with many other third-party developers, forums are still the "main battlefield"

This is due to the unique mechanism of the forum

AFG has been released for half a year, and currently Google Play has downloaded over 10000 times.

• The discussion about additional platforms keeps coming up.

For me as an active user, I see it like this:

I am actively involved in the creation of user content. And I will continue to concentrate on this forum and Flight-Sim.org because more platforms are simply too much for me and do not bring me any added value.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• The discussion about additional platforms keeps coming up.

For me as an active user, I see it like this:

I am actively involved in the creation of user content. And I will continue to concentrate on this forum and Flight-Sim.org because more platforms are simply too much for me and do not bring me any added value.

Theyre talking about using social media to increase reach for more potential sales for the flight sim.

Of course for the development stuff we have the forum, but in my eyes, a semi-active social media account would increase awareness of the flight sim, thus potentially increasing the sales for the sim

• New
    • Official Post

But instead of running multiple accounts on multiple social media platforms which costs basically one new staff member, we would gain more customers from running ads on these platforms. I don't think you understand how much work it is to support more than one support forum (+1 steam community +1 support email). If you spread out the answers people have no way of searching for the solution and the work increases even more.

• But instead of running multiple accounts on multiple social media platforms which costs basically one new staff member, we would gain more customers from running ads on these platforms. I don't think you understand how much work it is to support more than one support forum (+1 steam community +1 support email). If you spread out the answers people have no way of searching for the solution and the work increases even more.

Maybe just post like updates on sm? For example, you can choose one platform like Instagram and post some leaks or if there a update on this platform. And for questions have a link to this forum in the bio or something. Maybe a Aerofly fan could run this account, with no payment.

• I think I should write here(Because I made the wrong post,Because the avatar is the same:S):The forum is vevy good forum, but unfortunately,It's not as lively as the IF and rfs communities. This is most likely because the user mass is relatively small. In view of this, if IPACS can carry out media promotion on major social media (just send advertisements, don't reply to comments), the user volume may increase significantly.