aerofly FS for Apple iPad

• About 17,5 Euros for all that planes. Mabye a little rough price? (Still bought it) :P

But what are your plans for PC/Steam? Will it be free or will it cost?
    If it will cost, there will be a better oppurtunity to buy all in one or just a single plane. Like, I just wanted A320.

• Far the best flight simulator on mobile devices!
    If IPACS implement a more complex wind simulation (something like the desktop version), i'll be very happy with it.
    ...and please, make a special clickable cockpit extension (on iPad) for the desktop version!

• Hi Suraki! You are not alone.

iPad Air running iOS 7.
    All the achievements banners appear in app every time again.
    In game center I receive points for my achievements but I don't receive any achievement badge...

Regards,
    Sylvain

Corsair 600T - Intel i7 2600k - Asus Geforce GTX 1660 Super - 4 x 4Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram - Asus P8P67 revB3 - Windows 7 SP1

2019 Acer Predator Helios 300

aerofly FS, aerofly FS 2 & aerofly RC7 Professional

• Unfortunatly we cannot reproduce the problem on our side.

Do the Gamecenter achievements pop up each time you run aerofly FS or if you switch to the simulation screen, e.g. you choose a new position and aircraft and fly again?

Also, the achievement that pop up as Gamecenter messages, have they been reported to the GameCenter already, e.g. do they show up as achieved in the Gamecenter app?

We do plan an update before christmas, so if you describe to us in detail, whats happening, we might be abel to fix it in the next update.

For faster communication, please write us an email at mail (at) ipacs.de

• Mail sent with link to a video showing the exact issue.
    Please let me know if you received it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Sylvain

Corsair 600T - Intel i7 2600k - Asus Geforce GTX 1660 Super - 4 x 4Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram - Asus P8P67 revB3 - Windows 7 SP1

2019 Acer Predator Helios 300

aerofly FS, aerofly FS 2 & aerofly RC7 Professional

• I downloaded the new version, but the problem is not changed. Maybe I'm in late, but i try to describe the situation: when i start the app, the gamecenter welcome banner is coming. I Press the start button and fly...everythings fine. If i step back the menu structure, the archivements tsunami is coming immediately.
    Best regards and happy xmas! :)

• Hi!
    I deleted the app and gamecenter data. Then reinstall it, but nothing change.
    When i reached any archivements, it will repeat all of them as i described before.
    This gamecenter integration, maybe not the easiest part of the iOS programming.;)

• Same problem here with the achievements. I don't need them anyway, it would be nice to make them optional to begin with. :(

Talking about clutter on the display: the method to control the autopilot via the flight informations is nice, but has a huge disadvantage: people who don't want the flight information (in my case because I want to declutter the already small display and stay with my normal instrument scan routine) have no autopilot. For user who switch the flight information off, a (optional!) return to the old input method would be nice.

• After flying the iPad version a little in the last days, i would like to add the following to my last post:

-there is a strange behavior with the 747 on take off. I can not reproduce it, but sometimes, after rotating, the plane starts to vibrate (view in the cockpit is shaking, wing flex on the outside view shows vibration too). Looks like flutter from the outside. The plane will not lift off und break at some point (crash is detected).

-please disconnect the movement of the steering column in the 747 cockpit from the actual accelerometer input. It's fine with the Airbus because you normally don't see the sidestick, but seeing every little accelerometer input makes the overall look off the cockpit very nervous. Maybe it is possible to only depict inputs that are consistent over a certain timeframe and/or exceed a certain value. Would be a general improvement for all planes, in real live you get punched by your instructor if you move the controls like that.

-check if the inner doors of the main gear bay on the Baron don't close when the gear is out. It looks like that on the pictures I find and they don't close in aerofly.

-the airliners need GPWS announcements really bad (especially on the last 50 feet!). Of course thats a larger to-do, but the ground effect makes perfect flaring really hard (and realistic!) so it would be a great addition to know "where" you are.

-regarding long-term development, i would like to point this out: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/umoove-…d731389410?mt=8

Of course thats an really early stage of head tracking on iOS devices, but it works pretty well. Maybe view control can be done this way at some point!

-UPDATE: Something is odd with the rudder slider. Sometimes it gets stuck when it has been in the total left or right position for a few second (getting the Airbus to the runway in Altenrhein without leaving the taxiway...). It will only return once it is touched again. Could be a feature, but doesn't come up every time.

Edited once, last by Hoinz: UPDATE! 17.1.2014 (January 17, 2014 at 10:18 PM).

• -there is a strange behavior with the 747 on take off. I can not reproduce it, but sometimes, after rotating, the plane starts to vibrate (view in the cockpit is shaking, wing flex on the outside view shows vibration too). Looks like flutter from the outside. The plane will not lift off und break at some point (crash is detected).

Please check carefully that while you are taking off, you don't hit the ground with the tail. The cockpit shaking usually only happens when you attempt to take off to early!

• You are absolutly right, it is a tailstrike. But it is still more of a bug than a feature. The tail strike pitch attitude is too small.

Take the Boeing, put it on the longest runway in Zurich. Accelerate to 120 knots, stop acceleration, pull all the way. Tailstrike now happens at 7-8 degrees pitch up. Outside view shows the problems I have discribed, but the tail is actually faaar away from the ground. Same happens when you pull to fast at/over 150 knots (flaps always at "25%" whatever that meens).

Actual tail strike pitch attitude for the 747-400 is 12.5 degrees (page 3): http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aer…07_article2.pdf

Picture shows a full contact tail strike.

• Thank you for your detailed answer. The problem here is that we use an approximiation of the visible fuselage mesh when we do the collision. That means the collision mesh of the 747 might look different than the fuselage and is probably too low. Due to performance reasons we use very few polygons to do the collision and this optimization process might have added this extra 'bump' to the mesh.

We will check and see if we can refine this mesh with an upcoming update, if the performance is still ok.

• Hey, thank you for the fast answer! Keeping the frame rate up is much more important then this issue and the method you choose here is obviously only affecting me (no one else complaining). It was more "scientific interest" that kept me looking at this problem. Staying under 7 degrees pitch on liftoff solves the problem.

So nothing here to invest precious development time in. :)