Spektrum DX8 transmitter and trim controls

• Hi everyone. Wow, I've just bought and had a play with RC7 and it looks just amazing.

I'm having trouble getting the trim controls to work though. I'm using a Spektrum DX8 transmitter that is connected to the Ikarus USB Interface. I just can't use the trim controls! I try to use them and they are not recognised by the software.

Is there anything that I should be doing to get this working? I'm thinking that it should work?

System is Windows 8.1 64bit running on a 15" Retina MacBook Pro (Bootcamp). 16GB RAM

• I'm using a Spektrum Tx (DX18) and able to use trims (really needed for some of the gliders like the Satori's pitch trim). Differance in our setup is that I'm using the Ikarus single line converter so I can connect wirelessly. If I remember correctly, USB worked better with my older 72 MHz transmitters.

A bit pricy but really liking the wireless interface. I'm using the 6C Rx that came out my Radian Pro; suspect any JR/Spektrum Rx will work. After binding with normal process, I get the solid light on my Rx when connected; works the same as when the Rx is in a model, even down to it being saved model-dependent.

Think of the single line converter as a bank of servo connections: individual servo channels connections from Rx to converter (six in my case), converter to USB interface (one additional connection), and then plug in USB interface into computer. Bind using the bind plug and then run setup/calibration routines.

The wireless interface also allows me to run the program on my PC and send the HDMI signal (wirelessly) and walk over to my 50" LCD. I get a great picture and the increased view size adds another element of realism. I might next try to get my head tracking (TrackIR) moved over to my big LCD panel.

Still playing with mixing, but can do things like vary the elevator throw for launch mode switch (simulate DLG launches). Crow mixing or aileron droop (in Stobel DLG model; AeroFly 5 only) is assigned to a side lever.

I am both a PC flight sim fan and an RC nut (DLG, e-gliders, helis); really appreciate being able to use my awesome DX18 for practice and general entertainment.

• Thanks drp. I'd love to have the wireless connector but its all extra money! Anyway, it really should work with the Ikarus USB interface and a current model Spektrum transmitter. I'm hoping that there is something I need to be doing that will get it working, or that an update will fix it.

• I doubt that this is an RC7 problem.
    Trim control is fully done in the transmitter.
    To check, go to:
    Controller - Assign Controls (Advanced)
    watch e.g. "Rudder"
    activate the stick, movement correct? 100% ? Centred?
    If not, calibration will help.
    Activate trim only.
    Does the centre shift? If yes, all is correct. If not, the problem is the transmitter.
    Regards Jürgen

• Thank you Jurgen, with your help I found and corrected the issue. I had not realised that I had to go into Advanced and open the + sign and assign the trim function to the channel. Once I did that the trims worked as they should.

Thanks again!