Will aerofly RC7 work with a Realflight Interlink Elite controller?

• Hi,

I'm tempted to get this version of Aerofly - the cheaper cost and the lack of unnecessary hardware is a great incentive to purchase. Obviously I'd like to be able to use my existing hardware without having to fork out again for an adapter, so I have a few questions.

Does anyone know if my Realflight Interlink Elite controller (the one that comes with Realflight 6) will work with this? It's an excellent controller and as far as I know is considered a USB device by Windows which should make it eligible.

Also, I have Pheonix 4. I suspect the controller on that will not work with aerofly RC7 because its not seen as a USB device, but has anyone tested it?

I'm a little peeved that this compatibility is not mentioned on their website. I suppose they don't want to plug their competitors products and instead squeeze out as much as possible through the sale of adapters. Nonetheless, its a critical purchasing decision to know if your existing hardware is going to work.

I'd be really grateful if an owner of the product could let me know if the Realflight controller will do the job. Thanks!

• The Realflight Interlink Elite controller is compatible with aerofly RC 7.
    Check and see if the Interlink is shown as a joystick in the Windows system settings, if thats the case, you can use it with RC 7.

The Phoenix interface is NOT compatible with aerofly RC 7, it uses its own communication protocol.

We will improve the compatibility list on our website to state clearly what devices are compatible or not.

• While not specific to the Interlink, it would be nice to also get an assignable "reset" button to force the sim to reset the plane to it's default starting conditions.

That way we can turn off the automatic timed reset, and optinally use a button on the transmitter to do this instead.

Currently I've assigned my Interlink's Reset functions to plane wheel brakes which works pretty well.

---

Ipacs your 4D scenery is GORGEOUS, can we please have MORE?

• While not specific to the Interlink, it would be nice to also get an assignable "reset" button to force the sim to reset the plane to it's default starting conditions.

That way we can turn off the automatic timed reset, and optinally use a button on the transmitter to do this instead.
    [...]

For now, go to your sim settings and set the auto reset timer to 100s (maximum). You can allways reset your plane using the spacebar!
    If you want more than the max. allowed reset time you need to go to your Rc7 User Folder (located at Documents/aerofly RC 7/) and into the "config" folder and edit the file "main.mcf". Please make a backup before editing it with a texteditor. Go down to line 91 and set the "crash_restart_time" to a larger number (I set mine to "1e+006" or 10^6 with is a million seconds). Save the file and start your aeroflyRc7.

Cheers,
    Jan

Regards,

Jan

• For now, go to your sim settings and set the auto reset timer to 100s (maximum). You can allways reset your plane using the spacebar!
    Cheers,
    Jan

Thanks, but what I'm looking for is to be able to reset the sim via an assignable button or control.

That way you do not have to resort to the keyboard.

This is especially good for wireless setups and multi-media/media center PC's.

I have one in my family room to fly the sim, but it's a pain to have to utilize a keyboard, even when it is wireless, just to reset after a crash.

By making this an assignable function you can reset the sim via a TX or other device.

Thanks.

• I'm using an Interlink Elite, but have the following issues:
    1. Trims don't work
    2. Toggle switches must be flipped on then back off again to activate. In other word for gear-up you have to flip the gear switch on the off to raise the gear. To lower the gear you have flip the switch on then off again.
    3. The 3 position switch is only recognized as a 2 position switch.
    4. The variable flaps/gain control is only recognized as a toggle switch.

• For number two, select "HOLD ON" in the advanced settings to cure that.

For number four, redo the calibration and when you are prompted to move the controls to all extremes make sure that you also do the flap knob. Then reselect it in the advanced controller menu.

I've found no solution for 3, and trims will require explicit programming.

• The Realflight Interlink Elite controller is compatible with aerofly RC 7.
    Check and see if the Interlink is shown as a joystick in the Windows system settings, if thats the case, you can use it with RC 7.

The Phoenix interface is NOT compatible with aerofly RC 7, it uses its own communication protocol.

We will improve the compatibility list on our website to state clearly what devices are compatible or not.

Where do I find the controller compatibility list?

Thanks!