Cant get Saturn RC controller working with Aerofly RC7

• Hello,

Im completely new to RC aeroplanes. I bought the dragonfly all terrain aeorplane but the guy i bought off recommended training on a simulator first. He also gave me a USB to controller lead which goes from my remote controller to the USB.

While it seemed to pickup the remote controller in Aerofly RC7 when i tried to do the calibration it wasnt detecting any movement. So i googled around and seen you can get settings in devices and printers, i went in there and it was showing the gamepad type icon and it showed PPM. I went into properties and i tried the calibration and again it is not detection any motion whatsoever.

The controller i have is a saturn 2.4ghz 6 channel controller. Its obviously picking it up but not picking up any motions. Im completely new to this so maybe there is something else i need to configure. I also tried it on another laptop (both windows 7) and same thing it picks it up in devices and printers but picks up no movement. When i plug it into either it successfully installs the drivers. I wasnt sure if i should have it turned on or if it worked off the USB so i also tried running it with the batteries in, i see both a green and red light so looks like it has power.

Is there anything im missing or possibly the problem is with the controller or the usb lead?

• RC7 relies upon seeing Joystick like inputs from the controlling device. If you have that working, then you should have no problems getting RC7 to utilize the controller.

If the controller was functioning properly, you should be able to see a "Joystick" device listed in the control panel, and you should be able to calibrate the controller. Without calibration Windows does not know what the input value ranges are.

Your setup is not widely used. As such you may want to consider purchasing a low cost "RC Sim controller".

They are available from many sources and are fairly cheap. I paid $12.00 USD each for four I obtained from an Asian vendor.