Self-levelling of heli

• Hello,

Is it possible to simulate the self-levelling effect of a 45degrees flybar like found on many fixed pitch RC helicopters by editing specific parameters in the 'edit aircraft' menu?

I'd like to try to simulate the behaviour of my Nine Eagles Solo Pro 228 in aerofly RC.
    Thanks for any pointers or tips!

Regards,
    Sylvain

Corsair 600T - Intel i7 2600k - Asus Geforce GTX 1660 Super - 4 x 4Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram - Asus P8P67 revB3 - Windows 7 SP1

2019 Acer Predator Helios 300

aerofly FS, aerofly FS 2 & aerofly RC7 Professional

• Hello Sylvian,

its not possible to edit that in with the aircraft editor. But almost everythin is possible using an external editor for the tmd textfile.
    What exactly is your intention? Does the heli have a restricted roll and pitch angle of 45° to either side? That would be possible to program!

Regards,
    Jan

• Hello Jan,

A 45 degree flybar helicopter will be self-stabilizing. If you let go the controls it will automatically return to a hover (giving it enough time and space) without pilot input. This stability off course severely restricts the max roll and pitch angle. It also excludes any aerobatic capability but makes it a good initial and docile trainer...
    Do you think this can be simulated by modifying the tmd file?

Regards,
    Sylvain

Corsair 600T - Intel i7 2600k - Asus Geforce GTX 1660 Super - 4 x 4Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram - Asus P8P67 revB3 - Windows 7 SP1

• Official Post

Hello Sylvian,

yes that would also be possible, but you could also use the existing hover-trainer for training for now...
    Select the hovertrainer from the menu strip and move the sliders in this manner:
    Engine: 100% Manual
    Pitch: 100% Manual
    Roll: 70% Trainer
    Nick: 70% Trainer
    Gear: 100% Manual
    Height as desired.
    Hit "Start" and you'll have a self-stabilizing heli.

If thats not what you wanted, please load one of the quadrocopters (e.g. the MT2208) and set them up so that the flightmode is on normal not acro mode. They have a strong self-stabilizing gyro in them which can be used in helis, too, I think (havn't tried it out). Is that somewhere close to what you want your heli to fly?

Cheers,
    Jan

• Hi guys,

Joachim knows exactly what I'm referring too.
    The behavior of the quads like the DJI phantom in normal mode is not completely the same but it's coming close.
    The mechanical flybar also partially counters the inputs you are making.

Any plans from IPACS to add the Blade 200SRX helicopter with SAFE technology when it's released next month?

Regards,
    Sylvain