• I had RC& Pro installed on my Computer and then purchased RC7 Ultimate yesterday evening. After the lengthy download I tried to find out if I should uninstall the Pro version first or simply install over it.

I couldn't find any install info anywhere so went ahead and installed it over the top of Pro. I figured that if it didn't work I only had to remove the lot and start again rather than having to install pro from scratch.

After I installed Ultimate I went to run it, but all I had was FS 7 Pro. The install did nothing at all. The new aircraft were still telling me to upgrade.

So now I've removed everything, the only other IPAC install is FS and I doubt it's causing any problems. I then tried to install Ultimate from scratch and it asked me to insert a CD. Obvious problems. I checked the folder with the new downloads and noticed Bin 1a was missing, how on earth did a file simply vanish overnight? Maybe this win 8 was the problem :)

So now I'm re-downloading the Files for Ultimate and hope I don't have to install it over Pro. Has anyone else experienced this problem of absolutely NO info on the install routine. I looked everywhere, but zero turned up. Also can anyone say for certain if it can be installed on it's own or does it definitely need Pro installed first.

One final question, are there any user's planes I can download to add to Ultimate or is it closed to any extras?. Thanks guys, happy flying. ... Stu

• Support won't answer and now it looks like the forum won't either. But a quick update in case any Aussies see this later. I just ran the Ultimate upgrade applet and it was logging onto what I assume were Ultimate files. I sat here for 3 hours downloading them and then installed and I've got 7 pro again. I think perhaps someone's made a stuff up in the file names or something like it. I'm not impressed, that's 3 times I've downloaded the complete set, around 10 hours I've been messing around with it. Ten hours I could have been flying. I honestly thought I'd have an answer from someone. Oh well it looks like $70.00 down the drain. Something my wife won't like, that's for sure. Bed with no supper for me :)

Thanks ?? Stu

• Stu,
    the installer for aerofly RC 7 Ultimate is always a full installer, e.g. it includes all necessary files and does not only add missing aircraft or sceneries.
    So if you purchased the Upgrade from Pro to Ultimate Online from IKARUS, simply run the installer.
    After installation, please go to 'Repeat Product Activation' in the Help menu and enter your aerofly RC 7 Ultimate key you recieved when upgrading from Pro to Ultimate.

If the installer itself is broken or misses files, please contact the IKARUS support directly, they will provide you with a download link again.