Spektrum new black dx6 support?

• Hello

I have the Aerofly RC7 on my imac. My spektrum dx5 is working but my new dx6 is not working. Aerofly says its not on. Is there to support for the new black dx6?

Best regards
    Ola Dahlberg

• Hello

I have the Aerofly RC7 on my imac. My spektrum dx5 is working but my new dx6 is not working. Aerofly says its not on. Is there to support for the new black dx6?

Best regards
    Ola Dahlberg

Hallo, had same trouble with Ikarus USB interface and #3024040 cable (http://www.ikarus.net/warum-wird-mei…rkannt/?lang=en).

Thats my solution:

1st update your DX6 (2014) to 1.01 firmware

2nd (for sure) turn off wired and wireless trainers

• I already got the adapter cable. Will try to update firmware tonight. Thank you so much!

I have updated the firmware to 1.01 but it still doesn't work. Trainer mode is off.

Regards
    Ola

• Hy Ola

you should have a 3.5 mm mono jack to put in your transmitter trainer port. My old DX6 worked with the adapter cable no. 31036. My wires can seen at: my wires.
    hope it should help.

Wolfgang

Einst war ich jung, fesch und dynamisch ==> Jetzt bin ich alt, grau und phantastisch - Spitzname: "Der Graue Baron" :p
    Aerofly Professional Deluxe, Aerofly RC 7 Ultimate 7.4.11, Real Flight G5.5

• I reset all the models and created new.

This is a must for all Simulators. Use a model without any mixing. Simpy a clean 4 channel airplane, don't use a Heli.

Wolfgang

Einst war ich jung, fesch und dynamisch ==> Jetzt bin ich alt, grau und phantastisch - Spitzname: "Der Graue Baron" :p
    Aerofly Professional Deluxe, Aerofly RC 7 Ultimate 7.4.11, Real Flight G5.5

• Hello

I bought this kit. http://shop.ikarus.net/en/aeroflyrc7/…aeroflyrc7.html

And the small adapter was included.

Regards
    Ola

Dahlberg

What you require in addition to the leads you have is a stereo phone socket connected to a mono phono plug. The connections used on the socket are the two that the end of the male stereo plug will connect to, not the one that is connected to the outer case of the socket. Thats it mine now works fine. If you need more help I will take some photos for you, really very simple to make. I use a DX9 by the way.

John

• I am a bit confused by this thread, lots of good advice but... does it work ?! Has someone actually managed to get a current DX6 to work with Aerofly 7 on a mac? How do you do it?

• I am also interested in knowing if anyone else has got the current DX6 to work.

I have all the correct cables and adapters but once I plug the TX in there is zero response to inputs from it during the Windows "Set up USB Game Controller" configuration window.

Windows recognizes the USB interface but nothing from the transmitter.

Would it matter if you're plugging into a 2.0 or 3.0 USB port?

• I've tried everything under the sun to get this to work with my Spektrum DX6 but no luck. I've contacted tech support but never heard back from them. Here's my setup and here's what Iv'e done.

Macbook Air 2014
    OS X 10.9.5
    Aerofly RC7 v7.4.3

I've purchased this USB adapter and cable. http://shop.ikarus-usa.com/en/home/745-us…aeroflyrc7.html
    Although the picture shows a red adapter, mine is black. It also came with this adapter: http://www.ikarus.net/warum-wird-mei…rkannt/?lang=en

In this thread someone mentioned that the cable which has a 3.5mm stereo plug (tip, ring sleeve) requires an adapter from stereo to mono (tip, sleeve) which I ordered and tried. Still no joy.

It's been a couple weeks since I contacted tech support. You would think that would be ample time for a response. Disappointed at this point.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very thankful.

Thanks,
    Joe

• Hi Joer

Sorry to hear you are still having problems. I have made a few photos which show how my DX9 is connected using the extra lead that I made up.

If you take note of the connections on the photos, you may have connected them incorrectly, took me a couple of goes to get it right. If you need more help don't hesitate to ask. I found it frustrating at first.

John

• Hi Joer

Sorry to hear you are still having problems. I have made a few photos which show how my DX9 is connected using the extra lead that I made up.

If you take note of the connections on the photos, you may have connected them incorrectly, took me a couple of goes to get it right. If you need more help don't hesitate to ask. I found it frustrating at first.

John

Hi John,
    Thanks for taking the time to put that detailed post together. This forum doesn't seem to notify me when a post is made on this thread and I don't check it often so that's why I didn't respond sooner.

As you can see in my photo below, I have a similar setup to yours where I've inserted and adapter that changes the stereo male plug to a mono plug. Unfortunately it didn't do the trick. I'm wondering if it would work if I just purchased on the the $65 flight controllers from iKarus and be done with it. I've contacted IKARUS support on multiple occasions to try and get it resolved and have never received a reply. Highly unlikely I'll purchase anything from them again.

Anyway, thanks very much for taking the time to try and help me out.

Joe