• Dear IPACS Support. I live in the USA and would love to talk to someone who knows about your RC flight simulator. Is there a phone number in the USA which I may call and talk to a knowledgable person for guidance of my purchase for my Mac OS 10.9.5 system ? Or maybe just Chat with you would be as good --- Thank You Viper1coolest -- Barry

• Hi IPACS Support,

Aerofly 2 is looking good so far from the screenshots!!! I also don't mind buying the app again. My concern is around the planes that I have already been bought from Aerofly 1. Will there be a way of restoring purchases from AF into AF 2? At the very least, the price of these purchases should be reduced. I think this is something you should consider or I might skip the sequel altogether!

• Hi IPACS Support,

Aerofly 2 is looking good so far from the screenshots!!! I also don't mind buying the app again. My concern is around the planes that I have already been bought from Aerofly 1. Will there be a way of restoring purchases from AF into AF 2? At the very least, the price of these purchases should be reduced. I think this is something you should consider or I might skip the sequel altogether!

First off I'm not ipacs but I like those who have followed closely have read that all aircraft have been updated for the new engine meaning lighting cockpit and such it's a re work of the already aircraft plus there new additions first off 1. There adding aren't that expensive how do I know I have flown fs2004 for years and Adonis can get to 40 dollars just for anything decent if not higher 2. A lot of there adding are fsx qualit for a fraction of the price and 3. U ever hear the phrase u cut the artery u cut the blood flow money is only a compensation for there hard work and dedication not only that they have really worked hard for the iOS platform so people can have a portable alternative to aviation granted they may not have as many airplanes as infinite flight but that being said.

They are 10 times the visual then infinite flight and accurate dimensions as well as avionics.

Bassicly ur saying for the price of gas or a dinner ur willing to decline this wonderful update just because u have to give gratitude in the form of monetary value to help feed there families and children.

I know what it takes I have been a 3d model designer for 6 years and it takes a lot of work if not every intricate detail texturing dimensions real life proportions and such not to mention coding the engine to perform with there models they take time out of there families lives to give you a Christmas present least you can do is thank them with a kind donation.

Anyways merry Christmas 2 all remember it's about giving this time of year that goes both ways:D

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

C05MIC

• Hi IPACS Support,

Please support the Developers and just pay the money!!! It's less than the price of a DVD or a few MP3s. This is a total re-working of the app, not just a simple update to the existing one.

The Developers work hard to bring these games/simulators, to us for our enjoyment. How will they eat and pay their bills if they do all this work for practically nothing!

I was a child/teenager during the 60s and 70s and we had absolutely NOTHING like this! No PCs, Games Consoles or mobile devices, so people my generation really appreciate and embrace todays technology when it comes to gaming. Not all, but a lot of todays generation take everything for granted and expect lots of free stuff.

Anyway, I don't really think you're going to skip Aerofly 2 because it's going to be epic!

• Hello everybody and thank you for your understanding. We want to give an update on the current status of Aerofly 2, the successor of aerofly FS on iOS.

We have now sent a version to Apple for review. So if Apple does not find any flaws or problems with our App we might be able to publish it before christmas this year.

For all existing aerofly FS users, here is whats new:

• Variable time of day
    • Replay/Playback support for the last 2 minutes
    • Full night support with lighted 3D cockpits and lighted runways
    • Support for ILS navigation with automatic route computation to destination airport
    • Completely new region: California Bay Area with around 35 airports. We also modelled the Golden Gate, Alcatraz and many other places.
    • Whole world engine, so in theory you can fly around the while globe
    • A fully interactive Flight school that teaches you the basics of flying

As we mentioned before, we decided on publishing a new version instead of creating an update to our existing App. This has lots of reasons and we really discussed this matter a lot internally. The major reasons on our side are

• Aerofly 2 is simply different to the existing aerofly FS, so releasing an update would have changed / taken away features people liked in the current version, we didn't want to upset those users. E.g. switzerland is currently not available for Aerofly 2, however we have planned this as an update in the first half of 2015.
    • Aerofly 2 required tremendous programming and modelling effort. Especially our whole world engine and the lighted cockpits was a huge amount of work which required lots of time and man power. We have to finance this somehow.
    • Another rather annoying reason: aerofly FS was as an App simply too large for many peoples with only small iOS devices with 16 GB. Aerofly 2 is smaller in this respect. An update planned in the first half of 2015 will add a scenery manager so people with iOS devices with more space can download additional scenery data. We also plan to add Switzerland again.

However there is a downside of adding a new version, which we are not happy with ourself. For us as a developer, there is no possibility to transfer the In-App purchases from one App to the other. So people are forced to buy some models again. We hope the pricing of our aircraft is reasonable for you. Apple recently introduced App Bundles which does help a little, but In-App purchases are not transferable. With App Bundles you can get the base version of Aerofly 2 with no In-App purchases at a reduced price when you already own aerofly FS.

Some things did not make it into Aerofly 2 in time, here is a small list of features you can expect for coming updates in 2015

• More aircraft. Unfortunately we weren't able to finish the 737 in time.
    • More regions. We will also offer Switzerland again.
    • More 3D graphic features especially for the newer iOS devices like iPhone 6 and iPad Air. These devices are fast enough to add clouds, more 3D buildings, animated water and so on...
    • More missions and tutorials on different aspects of flying, e.g. tutorial on ILS navigation

Ok, we think this posting is long enough now. We hope we did answer some of your questions and we hope you understand why we added a new version instead of an Update.

• Many thanks for keeping us updated on the progress. Very much appreciated. I like the ideas last idea of the bundle purchase for existing FS owners although hoes does this work if you already own the first version?
    Anyway, your efforts are much appreciated and you have given us an excellent sim for mobile devices which will be an instant purchase for me.

• Hello everybody and thank you for your understanding. We want to give an update on the current status of Aerofly 2, the successor of aerofly FS on iOS.

Thank you for the update. Really looking forward to it. I just hope Apple don't dither too long. They have often taken a while to release apps onto the store.

Whole world engine, so in theory you can fly around the while globe

What does this mean exactly,..'In Theory'? Either we can or we can't surely or is it something to do with the way you will provide extra parts of the globe as addon scenery over time thus giving the flyer the opportunity to fly longer uninterrupted routes. Sorry if you've explained this elsewhere already. Thanks.

• Thanks for the progress report, a few more questions if I may?

Will Aerofly FS 2 runs smoother or quicker on iOS 8 rather than iOS 7?

Will there be the option to add more features on the iPad mini with retina display (1.3GHz A7 chip) or this tablet already too old and not powerful enough.

It is great to see these developments but I am concerned that if development of apps like AF continue at its current rate, many devices will become too slow within 12 months of release which will make it expensive hobby for those wanting the full AF experience. I am personally toying with the idea of buying a powerful android tablet such as the nvidia tegra. Since these devices are generally cheaper to buy, it will be easier to replace regularly in order to keep up with the fast pace of app development.

Do you any plans to prioritise android development alongside iOS so that updates would come to both systems at the same time?

Regards,

Gary

• > Will Aerofly FS 2 runs smoother or quicker on iOS 8 rather than iOS 7?

You will see no difference. We do not use Metal at this time and we also do not use OpenGL ES 3.0 as it had still problems in iOS 8.1.

> Will there be the option to add more features on the iPad mini with retina display (1.3GHz A7 chip) or this tablet already too old and not powerful enough.

Aerofly 2 is already doing this automatically, e.g. we check the type of iOS device and adjust some quality settings internally. You will see a difference in quality between an iPad 2 and iPad Air 2.

> It is great to see these developments but I am concerned that if development of apps like AF continue at its current rate, many devices will...

Aerofly 2 is running on iPad 2 and newer and will do so at least for the coming updates. However an iPad 2 is by an order of magnitude slower as the new iPad Air 2 and its an increasing challenge for us to make one App that runs and looks good on both devices.

An Android version is planned for 2015. As we have no experience here yet, we cannot say when Aerofly 2 for Android will be released. Its a lot more complicated and time consuming for us to get Aerofly onto Android.

• Hi! Sorry about this, I know everyone is asking you this kind of question but will an iPad mini 1 only be able to use the basic settings on aerofly 2? I understand that it will run much better on the newer ipad minis, but is the iPad mini 1 considered as an old device, and only capable of running the same settings as the ipad 2?
    Thanks, Tristan

• Tristan, unfortunately the iPad Mini 1 is one of the slower devices and we cannot run Aerofly 2 at its full potential on these devices. Keep in mind that there is a difference of a factor of 10 or more between an iPad 2/iPad Mini 1 and a iPad Air 2, you are talking about a completely different device with respect to performance.

• Are there any teaser trailer videos you can release to pique our interest while we await the release on iOS? I would love to see it running. Also, can you explain how the bundle purchase works for the new version if we already own Aerofly FS please?

• Please support the Developers and just pay the money!!! It's less than the price of a DVD or a few MP3s. This is a total re-working of the app, not just a simple update to the existing one.

The Developers work hard to bring these games/simulators, to us for our enjoyment. How will they eat and pay their bills if they do all this work for practically nothing!

I was a child/teenager during the 60s and 70s and we had absolutely NOTHING like this! No PCs, Games Consoles or mobile devices, so people my generation really appreciate and embrace todays technology when it comes to gaming. Not all, but a lot of todays generation take everything for granted and expect lots of free stuff.

Anyway, I don't really think you're going to skip Aerofly 2 because it's going to be epic!

I get that it costs money to develop the app. However, I still think that I like many will see the pricing structure as a barrier. I paid a fair amount for aircraft for AF1 and then got bored quickly due to the limited nature of the map. Just an opinion people!

There's also real competition from another iPad flight simulator launching soon, so you risk people going there also.

• I agree, I don't mind paying a bit but I already just recently payed for all the add-ons on af1 so it would be a bit of a pain to have to pay all over again. I don't mind paying for the app, but I don't want to just throw money at it to get it sooner.
    Also, a new sim for ios! Do you know anymore details? I wonder if it will be as good as aerofly.