Convert Older planes to RC7?

• Is there a list of changes that have to be made to older planes in order for them to work in RC7?

I realize it can not be simple, but I'm wondering if there is a list of the changes that were made in RC7.

Specifically, I'd like to have this plane working in RC7. (Pike Precision F3F) If it's different than the one already in RC7.

http://igsnw.ch/test-aerofly5-simulationsprogramm-3

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited once, last by Harvester (November 29, 2014 at 12:01 AM).

• Hi,

Well it is simple..

1. Install the aerofly5 aircraft to the aeroflyRC7 user-folder.
    2. Edit the .tmd file of the aircraft with a text-editor like wordpress or notepad++
    Replace every ".GetOutput]" and ".Position]" with ".Output]" and save the file.
    3. Load the aircaft in the aeroflyRC7. If the simulator crashes (which should not be the case for a well programmed aerofly5 aircraft) find the tm.log of the aerofly (in the user-folder) and check its last lines for errors. If crashed remove the doublicates of the mentioned objects from the GeometryList in the graphics section.
    4. (for gliders only) Invert the airbrake using a linearservo in the tmd. (Take any other glider as an example for that)

I'm sorry that you have to go through that manually. I'm currently programming an editor which will do the steps mentioned above for you but its far from release yet.

Cheers,
    Jan

Regards,

Jan

• Hi,

Thanks for the reply and the info. I'll give it a try.

And also Thanks for the planes that you've made. There are days when all I fly are your planes. The time you've put into making them is much appreciated.

Tony