Aerofly 2 enjoyable airport.

• Livermore is a nice airport, it has an NDB on the final approach of runway 25R and it gets the navaids working nicely. It is a shortish hop from Oakland and with the 'navigation' OFF the NDB is 077 degrees and 26 miles from Oakland. The frequency is 374 which appears on the nav radio display and the Livermore runway 25R is on a heading of 255 degrees and 6.5 miles from the beacon with the touch down at 380 feet altitude.
    The ILS is good in that it works out to a decent distance once an initial landing has been done, unfortunately on a cross country flight it still does the Aerofly 2 three mile finals wake-up thing.
    The NDB works in the 747 even though there is no nav radio display, it's frequency is shown on the FMC display.

• I will have to try that approach.

I can't until we can enter our own nav crews and using en rte navaids and it would be great if we could manually select radials using an obs knob. Also I hope the autopilot panels on the 747 and A320 are updated so all of the instruments work. I dislike having to use the flight info bar select altitudes and headings.

It will be interesting to see what the instrument panel of the planned 737 looks like as it looked like non-glass cockpit in the teaser pictures on FB.

Gary

• I flew this route ifr in the baron 58. The nav worked fine although at one point nav 1 was turned into 110.70 instead of 110.50 which is the ILS freq for 25R. Also I had fly a blind heading initially as the adf was tuned into 335 instead of the Reigate DNB freq of 374 but once I got close it switched to the right freq.

I have noticed that the green arrow on the Baron's RMI point neither to VOR1, VOR 2 or ADF 2 (which is always the same as ADF 1). Instead it always points west.

Also VOR 2 was permanently tuned to 117.30 which is the Salina VORTAC to the south of Oakland. When I headed towards where this VORTAC is in real life, the DME for VOR 2 went up not down.

I really hope they put the VORs and NDBs on the map and allow us to manually changes the freqs in both NAV 1 and NAV 2 as well as select radials and turn the radial dial on the instruments.

I used to use the old iOS xplane 9 (rubbish simulator though it was) to practice ifr flying as it had all of these features and you could use the interactive instruments on the panel to change freqs etc so it had an extra level of realism. I hope AF2 allows this level of functionality in the future!

Gary