MAC OSX RC7 - 9XR controler not detected

• Hello RC7 fans,

New to the forum, I tried to search for an answer to my problem everywhere without any success so far. I'm currently completly stuck and lost...

I have a Macbook Pro mid-2012 and few days ago, i've downloaded AeroflyRC7 for OSX from Apple App store. I also ordered from IKARUS website the official USB interface (ref. 3031010) in order to get it linked to my 9XR controler.

Unfortunatly and despite many things I tried, the sim runs OK, the USB dongle is recognized by OSX but the software never detects my controler. If I force a new scan, again it detects the dongle but the number of channels remains at 0 and even if I continue with the calibration, no way to get it talking each other.

I've checked the proper functionning of my 9XR by plug'in it on a PC where PoenixRC is installed. Everything is OK and I am able to fly in Poenix without any problem. The controler is detected and is responding properly.

Back on the MAC, I finally tried an alternative configuration, inserting the optional adaptator (ref. 3024040) at the back of the USB interface, between the interface and the cable going to the 9XR. Same negative result.

So, now, I don't know what to try else. If anybody has an idea, would be welcome.

Thanks you very much in advance.
    Olivier

Macbook Pro 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 Gb 1600 MHz DDR3
    INTEL HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
    OSX 10.10.1 Yosemite
    Aerofly RC7 version 07.03.01

Edited 3 times, last by Olivier5 (January 10, 2015 at 6:54 PM).

• Hello,

I reply to myself as I finally found the reason why of this weird behaviour. It may be usefull to future 9XR users.

While connecting the radio 9XR to the microphone plug on the mac, using another cable (spare one from my stock), I noted that the radio only uses 1 of the 2 channels to communicate (actually the left's one). So, I suspected that maybe the IKARUS USB interface was waiting for data from the right channel.

Then, I used the second cable (not the official one) for linking the radio and the USB interface and BINGO! the sim saw the controler!
    Everything is now in order and I can fly :)

PS: Special mention to IKARUS team which never replied to my request for support nor from here on the forum. Total silence. Not that professional. Anyway, it's fixed now.

Greetings from France
    Olivier

• Hi Olivier

I had the same problem. The dongle is supplied with a stereo 3.5mm lead, but the transmitter socket is only mono. The Ikarus lead doesn't work. They can sell you a converter...

Really should be supplied with a mono lead in the first place

Regards

Simon

• Hi Simon,

Thanks for your message. I actually just threw away the provided cable from IKARUS and use now 1 classical standard Jack-Jack audio stereo cable and everything is fu.... perfect. No need of buying any converter :)

Cheers
    Olivier