Calibration off with Baron 58?

• I've noticed a few take offs with the Baron 58 where it starts to drift to the left on the runway and as soon as I take off, it rolls to the right. If I go to the navigation screen and back to calibrate, the issue remains but slowly levels again. Is this something I'm doing wrong, a bug or a characteristic of this aircraft? I thought a twin prop would not behave like this but I'm not a pilot so can't be sure.

• Hi,

well, if both props are spinning in the same direction, as it does for a lot of twin engines, you get all the torque effects. And I think the Baron is one of those aircraft. (Did you know that a lot of airliners have two identical engine, that spin in the same direction?)

Aerofly also simulates gyroscopic forces. If you pitch up the nose of the aircraft will move left or right depending on the direction of rotation of the prop. This effect is very easily noticeable on the Camel Biplane but is present for all rotating objects in the aerofly, like it is in the real world.

You can test if your devices are calibrated if a glider flies perfectly straight with controls neutral.
    If they fly straight, then all asymmetric effects you encounter are likely to be intended.

Cheers,
    Jan

Regards,

Jan