• I keep this list open in Ipad Notes, an Ipad button tap and Aerofly 2 and Notes are both visible. This is at least most of them, it is useful with the uncontrolled NDB hopping. With the VORs not working the NDBs are the only real world nav aids ignoring 3 mile wake up ILS. The top display nearest airport distance and rough bearing is something like using a gps with only one function working.
    Frequency, name, bearing or runway and distance, might be a bit mixed.

203 Tracy on field.
    205 salyer farms Salyer (Corcoran) 143 1.5d very low res. Far SE
    209 hunter liggett MOA v low res. Far S
    263 chualar Salinas 132 12.1d
    266 fresno hilan Fresno 110 4.9d (finals) (29 ils touch down 49d top panel from Merced). Very low res.
    327 unknown Watsonville 02 1.5 mile finals (switches at 11d outbound for 385 munso qdm169) allows a working loc 02 approach if 3 mile wake up is happening. Salinas VOR indicator stops at 280 near fafX, sns 280/16 leaves 3.6 miles to run to sns 293/16.5, = 2mins 20 sec at 100 kt ground speed.
    335 kanan near concord VOR (Buchanan 001 3.6d)
    344 chandler Fresno 226 6.4d (west of 266 hilan)
    367 wowar 5.8d Modesto rwy28
    371 kearn Ukiah 331 9.7d (ILS touch down at 42d top panel from santa rosa). Very low res. Far N
    374 reiga Livermore 255 6.1d rwy 25 touchdown
    385 munso Monterey 278 5d
    400 lanee 170 4.7d Sacramento int
    404 Colombia on field. Very low res. Far W.

• Hi Gary, maybe someone familiar with this airspace could help. They all appear in the approach plates available by clicking the airports on the charts of the wonderful SkyVector.com site .....except the Watsonville one which pops up in Aerofly FS (AFS) when flying near that airport. SkyVector planning makes this sim a lot more enjoyable. I hope they will not mind me using a modified screenshot here which might be helpful

Edited with Laminar Pro app.
    It just occoured to me that a ndb to ndb section of a route can be plotted in SkyVector by typing the names of the ndbs (actually it takes the 2 or 3 letter code) into the top field of the SkyVector flight planner box. It will give distances and times for a selected airspeed. Sorting out crosswinds and time enroute changes can be easily done as described in an earlier post. It's worth a go.

Edited 4 times, last by Overloaded (February 9, 2015 at 11:30 PM).

• It just occoured to me that a ndb to ndb section of a route can be plotted in SkyVector by typing the names of the ndbs into the top field of the SkyVector flight planner box. It will give distances and times for a selected airspeed. Sorting out crosswinds and time enroute changes can be easily done as described in an earlier post. It's worth a go.

Hi Overloaded. Great post. I use SkyVector for my Aerofly FS cross-country work. As I recall, it allows you use the name of any navaid as a waypoint in the route (useless to me at this point, because navaids are not available in version 1.3.1). I can't remember how I did it, but on one occasion I was able to add my own waypoint by pointing and clicking on the chart to manipulate the route.

I like the way you edited the info for the ndb's and superimposed it on the chart. Very nicely done!

Adak47