Aerofly 7 with Taranis on MacOS

• I saw that AeroFly 7 says it can work with standard joysticks and the Taranis has a usb joystick emulator capability. Doe this mean I can just buy AeroFly 7 from the App store and make it work with my Taranis?

Older versions had a special cable (for copy protection), has that special cable requirement been lifted?

• Dear errorwolfi

I have the same issue as it seems. I cannot connect my Taranis to Aerofly 7 on a rather new iMac.

Assuming your connection kit does work, how did you connect the Taranis to you Mac?
    Did you use your USB cable? If yes, then did you connect the Rx in Boot-Mode? Can you help me understand what do did?

Many thanks, Georg

Some more information is here

• The System on my PC ist Windows 7 Prof. 64-bit. I create a new model in slave-mode on Taranis. Then I connected the transmitter with an usb-cable on pc and start the aerofly 7 ultimate. The program recognize the Taranis as Controller - it works fine.

• Hello
    i try to answer in english. Hope you will understand it.
    First of all - i have no Taranis - my radio is a Turnigy 9x with special Firmware. I have connect the wireless System as you can see it on the Photo. The Cable with the red jack is going to my Trainerport of my Radio. The USB is connected to the Computer. The Switches on the box are set to "Wire" an "Aeorfly" - so in this configuration i will have 8 Channels for control the planes.
    If you have a Trainerport on the Taranis - it should be a 3.5 mm Output. In your radio you will have to setup a clean Model, without any mixers. In your Computer the system should appear as "SAILI Simulator"
    So that's all i have done to fly with Aerofly RC7

Wolfgang

• I just switched from a Spektrum DX6i to a Taranis X9D+ with Aerofly RC7 and found that the same JR-compatible cable works fine (USB dongle plus mono connector to trainer port on Taranis), *but* you need to make sure that the Taranis trainer port is sending an output signal: on the Taranis, create a model to use with Aerofly, and then in the MODEL SETUP Screen: set “Trainer Port Mode” to Slave/Jack. If your mac has a dedicated Mic input (not a dual Headset/Mic), you can use the iSpectrum oscilloscope app to watch the output and see PPM pulses.

Dear errorwolfi

I have the same issue as it seems. I cannot connect my Taranis to Aerofly 7 on a rather new iMac.

Assuming your connection kit does work, how did you connect the Taranis to you Mac?
    Did you use your USB cable? If yes, then did you connect the Rx in Boot-Mode? Can you help me understand what do did?

Many thanks, Georg

Some more information is here

• I have a 2011 MBP, on OSX 10.11
    I use a taranis 9 with a standard mini usb cable. Just swith on the transmitter before plugging the mini side of the cable into the radio. Aerofly 7 picks it up as a taranis controller.

I have used other usb dongles, and 3.5mm connectors, but the standard USB cable is the easiest and least finicky.