• I see some bugs being reported in different threads but wanted to make a list in a single thread of known issues. Please let me know of others and I will update the list in bullet format and please advise if previously reported bugs still exist.

Bugs:

• Learjet cockpit view can look through ceiling
    • Navigation aid isn't dynamic so if you take a short cut then distance reported is inaccurate
    • Able to land on water
    • Permanent aircraft image and shadow on water on approach to SFO - not sure if you can edit supplied map images?
    • Crashing on take off with full throttle puts you back on runway with full throttle but no speed.
    • HUD view on the Aermacchi is too low so on the runway the bottom quarter of the screen is under the tarmac.
    • Speed display not working on autopilot console

Edited 3 times, last by donka (April 8, 2015 at 1:04 AM).

• Its out intent to release a new update within the next 14 days that will fix some of the major flaws.

Some points on your list are not really bugs, e.g. the missing parts in the shadow are done intentionally to improve performance.

I see the landing gear shadows were fixed on the F18 and Airbus. Are there plans to fix the rest of the aircraft in this respect? The 747 and 737 are also fine but I think the rest of the aircraft are impacted.

• Please, don't forget to fix that tiny blob on the glass of the 737. I'm pretty sure it's a button or dial misplaced from the instruments panel, and it's quite distracting. Furthermore, it's unnecessary geometry and deleting it may be a performance booster... ;)

• The missing shadow objects are a performance improvement, so we wouldn't call it a bug. We raised this limit a little for the upcoming update, but we still don't show all objects in the shadow.

The blurry textures from low angles is something we cannot do anything against. Its a limitation of the 3D graphic card in the iOS devices.

Aircraft lighting is a matter of taste.

You can leave the other points as it is, we will try to address them in future updates.

But it would be nice if you could change the posting title to something like "Notes regarding update version 2.0.3".

• The missing shadow objects are a performance improvement, so we wouldn't call it a bug. We raised this limit a little for the upcoming update, but we still don't show all objects in the shadow.

The blurry textures from low angles is something we cannot do anything against. Its a limitation of the 3D graphic card in the iOS devices.

Aircraft lighting is a matter of taste.

You can leave the other points as it is, we will try to address them in future updates.

But it would be nice if you could change the posting title to something like "Notes regarding update version 2.0.3".

OK, I have updated the first post and removed the items that are not bugs. Regarding the missing shadows, this doesn't affect all aircraft. Is this because the affected aircraft already have high performance requirements? Just wondering why it is inconsistent.

I will change the title of thread if you wish but I think it should remain as bugs as it helps others who see these issues understand and not report a duplicate. It's not a negative thing, yours is the only aircraft sim I care would about which is why I spend so much time here working through issues and posting videos to help promote Aerofly 2.

• Regarding the shadows: Depending on the performance of the iOS device, we avoid rendering some objects into the shadow map. The criteria is the bounding sphere radius. If it falls below a certain threshold, the object is not rendered into the shadow. The same holds for some objects in the normal scene as well, e.g. you see more building in the distance on faster iOS devices. The big airline models have larger radii for most objects, thats why you see more detail in the shadows.

You can keep the title this way if you want, if you would have left in the other points, it would have been misleading.

• On aerofly 1, the main annoying glitch was the controls confusion - it was annoying enough to stop me playing for a while. On aerofly 2 I have a feeling there is a new one of these annoying glitches.
    The rudder is very hard to use precisely as it seems to have masses of expo on it; I find this very annoying for take off and landings as if you correct the direction of the plane with the rudder, it swings violently and when you try to correct that, you end up in an uncontrollable cycle of oscillating right and left. This is also bad in gliders as when you are trying to alter your flight path very slightly to get the best of a thermal the plane swings round and you lose the lift. The rudder was much better in aerofly 1; I don't understand why it was fiddled with.
    Tristan

• Instructors clamp down on excessive rudder operation on take off, the appropriate cross-wind and propellor slipstream on the vertical stabiliser correction is only modestly varied with acceleration and wind gusting. The rudder is really only used aggresively with side-slipping and asymmetric thrust.

Edited yes Gary (below), I had ignored tail draggers!

• I have to use a lot of rudder (nearly full and one wheel brake) on my real world aircraft (tailwheel) when taking off with a heavy crosswind. Especially at the early stages of the take off toll where rudder authority is minimal. Quick and positive footwork is a must for any taildragger pilot!

Gary