San Fransisco to (near) Clifden Ireland. 747, no navaids, almost no scenery.

• The "island" idea is what we basically had in mind for additional regions for the mobile version. So the idea is to have a fairly detailed region around a major airport and then get lower the further you are away. This would make sense on space limited mobile devices.

Its actually what you see in the Bay Area already. We have some areas with very high resolution images and we get lower the further away you fly.

• Hi donka,

yeah 10-15 minutes sounds more realistic to me than 45 mins.

I think what would be a good compromise would be an option to skip the entire cruise phase. That way you can start a long haul flight on one continent, fly the departure if you so desire, then skip to the descent and land.

Another cool option would be to only fly one part of the flight, like a mission. You are placed at the top of descent or even further and have to land the aircraft after a long flight or just a short hop. Or you get to start up the aircraft and fly the take off...

Cheers,
    Jan

• Hi donka,

yeah 10-15 minutes sounds more realistic to me than 45 mins.

I think what would be a good compromise would be an option to skip the entire cruise phase. That way you can start a long haul flight on one continent, fly the departure if you so desire, then skip to the descent and land.

Another cool option would be to only fly one part of the flight, like a mission. You are placed at the top of descent or even further and have to land the aircraft after a long flight or just a short hop. Or you get to start up the aircraft and fly the take off...

Cheers,
    Jan

Hi Jan,

Yes, this is exactly what I suggested in the following thread. I think skipping a portion of the flight when on auto pilot would be a good option...

http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthre…al-Flight-model

• I fly for 20muns often but now and again like tondo longer flights of up to an hour. These longer flights are generally focused around navigating using navaids and conducting instrument approach. I for one would welcome tr ability to conduct a long real time flight (around 1 hour)

Gary

• I am dissapointed, you have a Mach 0.95 navaid equiped big Boeing and none of you want the plot the great circle route like Adak47 and go from .... to Paris. It is rewarding grinding out the long haul, things crop up and the fun is also in mistakes and getting it better next time. My first go I had to work out where I was when I woke up, just like a real airliner!