New user created scenery

• Hi Mike,

He does create new sceneries every now and then. They are all phantasic quality!
    And I still don't understand why he is not sharing his work here in the forums or in the rc-sim forums. Every link to a webside upvotes it for google's and other's search engines.

I feel that I am quite active in the aerofly community. There are a lot of new aircraft and scenery that I got to test from other free developers and we share quite a bit of content that is not published yet or maybe never will be. (this might sound a bit selfish maybe...) If even me who knows so much about what is going on misses out on these seneries for month, who else is then?

A little bit of advertisement really can't hurt. The more people get to download the finished scenery the better?!

Cheers,
    Jan

• Hello,

There are a new landscape available :
    Holzer Kreuz Parkplatz
    And other coming soon !

[Blocked Image: http://nsa37.casimages.com/img/2015/05/27/150527100028287542.jpg]

• Hello,

@Jürgen: Thanks for the hint. I changed the windsock in the current download release of "Holzer-Kreuz Parkplatz" to the smaller one, as suggested. (It really was far too large :o)

BTW: I've finished the work on another scenery of Martin Koall for Aerofly 5 / RC7 and AFPD: "Holzer Kreuz".
    The downloads can be found on http://sceneries.paulduerr.info/usersceneries.htm near the bottom of the page.

Some screenshots:

Note: Again, this is no high-resolution scenery. This is simply because of Martin's photo equipment that has very limited capabilities ;-). But: In the next few days I plan to release the AF5/RC7/AFPD version of "Rhinau-Insel Sued". This one will be a high-resolution scenery again.

Regards,
    Paul

• Super !!
    Thank you for your works !
    I would like to create scenery of my club in Arras, but I can not create a landscape with my camera...

• Hallo Martin und Paul,

ich habe jetzt eure Szenerien Holzer Kreuz, Holzer Kreuz Parkplatz und Belchen
    sowohl in AFPD als auch in AF5 und rc-7 durchprobiert und muss wieder einmal sagen:

EINFACH SUPER ! ! !

Macht weiter so!
    Eure tollen Szenerien bereichern die Simulatoren sehr
    und halten auch die inzwischen sonst doch recht "lahmen" Foren interessant!

Liebe Grüße aus dem Allgäu in den Schwarzwald
    von Hans

• Nachtrag:

Einen kleinen Verbesserungsvorschlag für die AFPD-Szenerien Holzer Kreuz und Holzer Kreuz Parkplatz hätte ich aber doch noch:

Die Flugzeuge erscheinen deutlich dunkler als in anderen Szenerien (auch in den originalen AFPD-Szenerien).
    Deshalb habe ich die Lichtwerte in der geo-Datei wie folgt verändert:

LIGHT_AMBIENT 0 0.7 0.7 0.7
    LIGHT_DIFFUSE 0 1.0 1.0 1.0
    LIGHT_SPECULAR 0 1.0 1.0 1.0
    SHADOW_COLOR 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.8

Damit erscheinen die Flugzeuge (bei mir) wieder in der gewohnten Ausleuchtung.

In "Belchen" sind eure Lichtwerte richtig und der tiefstehenden Sonne gut angepasst.

LG, Hans

• Hallo Hans,

vielen Dank für den Hinweis! Die Beleuchtung scheint so wirklich besser zu passen.
    Das scheint auch zu den Beobachtungen von Jürgen zu passen: Grauschleier bei manchen weissen Modellen. So etwas fiel mir gerade beim Test mit der Diabolo im AFPD auf. Die scheint mir nun deutlich "weisser" :) (Das liegt offenbar am LIGHT_DIFFUSE-Parameter.)

In den aktuellen Downloads auf der Homepage sind TSC und GEO für "Holzer-Kreuz" und "Holzer-Kreuz-Parkplatz" entsprechend angepasst.

Viele Grüße, Paul

• Hi Mike,

He does create new sceneries every now and then. They are all phantasic quality!
    And I still don't understand why he is not sharing his work here in the forums or in the rc-sim forums. Every link to a webside upvotes it for google's and other's search engines.

I feel that I am quite active in the aerofly community. There are a lot of new aircraft and scenery that I got to test from other free developers and we share quite a bit of content that is not published yet or maybe never will be. (this might sound a bit selfish maybe...) If even me who knows so much about what is going on misses out on these seneries for month, who else is then?

A little bit of advertisement really can't hurt. The more people get to download the finished scenery the better?!

Cheers,
    Jan

I agree, Jan.

It's the one area of the Aerofly community that is exponentially smaller than your equivalent with FSX community. There are really only a tiny amount of add-ons for either RC7 or FS.

Do you think it's because of the way Aerofly set up the software (as in it's not easy to develop new code / new aircraft), or is it simply a "numbers game" of not enough people using the software because it's seen by the RC/flight-sim mainstream consumers as a mainly, niche "German" language set of software? (even though we all know it's dual language).

I would still love for somebody to "fix" the RC7 "Airwolf" model to be more authentic. It would require very little to make it correct.

I'm a designer by profession, but wouldn't have the first clue where to start with this as the graphic formats are so customized and bespoke to RC7. It's not like one can re-texture map it easily, or anything.

• Official Post

[...] Do you think it's because of the way Aerofly set up the software (as in it's not easy to develop new code / new aircraft), or is it simply a "numbers game" of not enough people using the software because it's seen by the RC/flight-sim mainstream consumers as a mainly, niche "German" language set of software? (even though we all know it's dual language) [...]

Developing new aircraft or scenery is not really difficult. It just takes a lot of time. Creating an authentic looking 3D model is one big part of that but you could easily do a simpler one first. The second big chunk of time goes into fine-tuning the flight model at least for my aircraft. That part requires some pratice or a good source to check what each parameter does. One source would be the aerofly wiki: http://wiki.aerofly-sim.de/
    It describes how to develop aircraft in English so anyone can understand it: http://wiki.aerofly-sim.de/bin/view/Main/AircraftDevelopment

I also made a video series about the creation of aerofly aircraft. It is in German but I think by just following what I do you could make your own aircraft: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD1E70D44CCB403B6