• I think Donka's idea of having a thread dedicated to bugs in each update is a good one, so I have started this thread for version 2.1.35

Here are the bugs I have found so far:
    - if you look at the windscreen of a plane on an external view, you can see right through the plane. This seems to be the case on every plane, but correct me if I'm wrong.
    - The Baron 58 seems to have a tendency to roll to the right even if the joystick is at neutral. This isn't a problem with my iPad's accelerometer or how I have calibrated it, it still happens using the on screen joystick.
    - you can also see through the roof of the baron in internal view.
    - same as above with the Cessna in rear internal view.
    - On passenger view in the Learjet, you can see through the headrest and in cockpit view, you can see through the ceiling.
    - One time when I was flying, (I think the 737) the 3d graphics around San Francisco failed to load until quite a while later.

Please post any bugs you have found

• You might want to include which device this is on. Your screen shot looks like an iPad 2 or iPad mini?
    I've checked this on the mini 2 and the Air 2 and the issue with seeing through the aircraft as per your screenshot above doesn't happen so looks like it is model specific.

• I also think that it's a model specific issue. I've noticed it on my old iPad 2 but not on my Air 2.

BTW, another possible bugs are the overall quieter audio levels, that makes really hard to hear the aircraft engine sound, and the crazy rudder control for the Pitts Special.

• Another bug: Aerofly crashes so much it is almost unusable. (iPad mini1). Crashing seems to happen either when I press the location button, or select a location, then press start. I have restarted my iPad and have no apps running in the background.

• I suspect the mini 1 is right on the edge of what is capable of running Aerofly 2. I've never had a single crash but typically have devices with at least 1gb ram. I did some testing on the iPod touch 5g and never had a crash but the framerate was obviously struggling.
    If you are serious about Aerofly 2 on the iPad, I would recommend picking up a mini 2. You can get them at a good price and it runs really well. The graphics are also much improved and there really is no comparison.

• There are some graphical glitches on the airport buildings when in tower view - it looks like lots of tiny triangles buzzing around the roofs. It happens with all devices but the Air 2 is actually worse.
    If you look at the update overview video I posted in the videos thread, you can see it from 11.15 onwards.

• [...]
    - The Baron 58 seems to have a tendency to roll to the right even if the joystick is at neutral. This isn't a problem with my iPad's accelerometer or how I have calibrated it, it still happens using the on screen joystick.
    [...]

The roll tendency is intended. Both propellers spin in the same orientation. As they shovel through the air they produce a little bit of drag which is felt as a torque around the motor shaft. Due to Newtons actio = reactio theorem one can explain that the motor has to compensate that torque and therefor also rotates the airframe. Its the same principle that requires helicopters to have a tail rotor. On airplanes the tail rotor force is accomplished by introducing a slight aileron and/or rudder deflection.

• The roll tendency is intended. Both propellers spin in the same orientation. As they shovel through the air they produce a little bit of drag which is felt as a torque around the motor shaft. Due to Newtons actio = reactio theorem one can explain that the motor has to compensate that torque and therefor also rotates the airframe. Its the same principle that requires helicopters to have a tail rotor. On airplanes the tail rotor force is accomplished by introducing a slight aileron and/or rudder deflection.

Would it not work if they just had each prop rotating a different direction?

• Yes the torque of both propellers would cancel each other out if one engine would spin the opposite way.

The reason why aircraft manufacturers chose the same engine twice is for compatibility and cost.
    - If one engine fails you can just take another one of the same kind and don't have to look for an engine with the same direction of spin.
    - And cost: If you would have a mirrored engine every part would exist twice, every tool to create the parts would need to exist twice. And the aircraft engines are not mass produced so the price for one engine would be incredible just to account for all tools neccessary. That does count for combustion engines and jet-engines, not for electric engines usually. The engines of an airliner almost allways spin in the same direction. Next time you see an airliner from the from take a close look at the spiral marks on the spinner or look at the fan blades' orientation. Different manufactures even choose the exact same engine because the design cost of a new engine is not worth it. The Boeing 737 and Airbus A320 both have a CFM 56 as an engine choise. The CFM 56 is a 1974 design (of course with several modifications over time). The point is: the engines of current airliners are pretty old designs because designing new ones is expensive. Today we see the next generation of engines in development because of the increased noise and exhaust regulations.

Regards,
    Jan

• - One time when I was flying, (I think the 737) the 3d graphics around San Francisco failed to load until quite a while later.

Yup, that's right. Now it's a lot slower than before. On previous versions, 3D buildings around San Francisco were visible from very far away. Now, even setting Oakland airport as start location, you can't view the skyscrapers until you're really close.
    This views from Oakland runways are not possible anymore even on an Air 2:

:(

• In the beta android "2" the external views had solid cockpit interiors only at a 'high' graphics setting, at 'normal' and 'low' the ground below the cockpit windows was visible. It might be an iPad model performance selection in the sim.
    The androids crashed the sim program a lot too.
    I have never flown a Baron but the Aztec is a powerful twin and it does not roll like the sim Baron. Any control inputs to correct prop torque and asymetric blade effect were small and instinctive. The Baron "climb roll" is a pain. It might help to include the turn indicator and airspeed indicator in the instrument scan a bit more, as they give a direct picture of what the aeroplane is doing. The attitude indicator is too cluttered.

• Even after upgrading to 2.1.35 on my iPad 2, completing a flight to SFO is not possible. All is well until moments before touchdown, when the app crashes. I have tried different app settings, different runways etc, but this always occurs. No other airport behaves the same way.

It IS possible to land at SFO from a random flying start location, but it is not possible to land at SFO when flying from another airport, regardless of whether SFO was selected as the destination before or during the flight.

Anyone else with this problem?

• An iPad 2 unfortunately is no longer a good choice for Aerofly 2. With each new iOS version, iOS requires more memory, leaving less memory for Aerofly 2.

So if you fly for a certain distance, some airports are loaded as you approach then, but older ones are still kept in memory, to avoid a loading/unloading scenerio. However this causes the iPad 2 or iPad Mini 1 to run out of memory.

At least its good for us that those devices are no longer sold by Apple.

• An iPad 2 unfortunately is no longer a good choice for Aerofly 2. With each new iOS version, iOS requires more memory, leaving less memory for Aerofly 2.

So if you fly for a certain distance, some airports are loaded as you approach then, but older ones are still kept in memory, to avoid a loading/unloading scenerio. However this causes the iPad 2 or iPad Mini 1 to run out of memory.

At least its good for us that those devices are no longer sold by Apple.

Thanks for the info. A bit strange that this only happens with SFO, but OK :)

• Don't mix up your RAM with the space you have on your flash memory. RAM on the iPad 2 is only 512 Mb which is causing the problem, all newer devices have at least 1 GB of RAM !

The A380 is basically done, with some luck we might be able to publish it on iOS within the next 2 weeks.