Modification of model so it starts with open canopy

• Hello

I would like to modify the F-16 e.g., which has a moveable canopy, in a way so it is loaded with canopy open and not closed.

What I did is:
    I found the setting in the tmd file which initializes the canopy to "open". fine

Now my problem is, that the model is loaded with open canopy, but the canopy is immediately closed, because the key assignment for canopy open<->close is initialized to closed.

Is it possible to change this ?

Thanks
    Mike-DE

• Hi Mike,

yes in an aircraft modification. In the tmd file find the servo that is moving the canopy and trace the input back to the receiver.
    Its usually in this order:
    Receiver -> ReceiverOutput "CanopyInput" -> *place inverter here* -> ServoClassic "ServoCanopy" -> graphics animation

You can invert the signal that goes into the ServoCanopy (if its called like that, I haven't checked). What you do is doublicate the ServoCanopy and name it "CanopyInputInverted". For convenience put the inverter just in front of the canopy servo in the tmd file.

The Parameters in CanopyInputInverted are then set as follows:
    P0 = 0.0; P1 = -1.0; P2 = 0.0; P3 = 0.0; Speed = 10;

Now the ServoCanopy still used its old input therefor rename the content of the Input parameter from something like "CanopyInput.Output" to "CanopyInputInverted.Output".

Save the file and test it. The signal for the canopy should now be inverted.

• Hello

Thanks for the helpful description. I learned some important things about how aerofly tmd-s work :)
    So I managed to get the F-16 loaded with canopy open.

What is not so nice about this solution is, that if you display the model functions (Shift-M) they show the cockpit position "inverted" now, of course, and it says "open" when it is - in fact - closed.

Seems there is no way to control the initial setting of a channel when the aircraft is loaded ?

Thanks
    Mike-DE