How to add smoke rockets to the F-16 ?

• Hello

I'm wondering if it is possible to add smoke rockets to the existing F-16 model.

The F-16 is a very detailed model and the only thing missing are the smoke rockets alongside the wing ends.
    It is not so realistic that the smoke comes from the wing ends, where nothing can produce smoke ;)

As we don't have the original model, it would be necessary to add the rockets from a second/different file. Is there a way to do this ?

Thanks
    Mike-DE

• [Edit: Aparently I did not read thoroughly enugh - so this is kinda of topic]

How to enable smoke in aerofly RC 7 and 5

a) Make smoke visible
    - Menustrip: Graphics, check "Show smoke"

b) Set the smoker to on
    - Press Shift + M and verify "Smoke" is indeed "On". Its the 2nd bar from the bottom of the F-16 functions panel, for me its a keyboard button.

Cheers,
    Jan

• Hello Jan

Yes the smoke is there, but it "only" starts at the wingtips out of "nowhere" so to say.
    My question is not how to add smoke but how to add the "real" rockets which produce the smoke. i.e. how to add something to the 3D model ...

Did I make myself understandable ?

Mike-DE

• My apoligies, I read too fast once again.

Yes physical rockets even with directional control are possible as demonstrated in K's Predator drone: http://www.aerofly-sim.de/download/downl…affs-predator-b

Adding smoke to the rigidbody of the rocket should not be any problem. However enabling it right at rocket launch would be quite tricky, you'd need to set up the same button for the rocket launch as for the smoke on. I am still waiting for an update that allows us to use any kind of input for a smoker, not just receiveroutputs. With that we could define our own triggers, have condensating air over the wing, have wing tip verticies, have touch down smoke and so on and so on. But without that we are stuck with a user input. Only if the user advances the throttle or pushes a button we can currently modify the smoke.
    K's predator rockets use the aerofly FS lights. Those can use any input so he chose to use one that only enables after rocket launch - and then it looks like the rockets engine has at least some flame coming out its back.

As to adding a 3D model to an existing aircraft:
    That is not possible. An aerofly aircraft can only have one 3d model. And because the model is compressed and or encrypted the data can not be brought back to the original raw 3d model and therfor cannot be modified to add additional 3d objects.

Regards,
    Jan