Extra 330 S: Prop size

• Hi,

for the Extra 330 S, the system display a prop size of approx. 34x28. Both measures should be inch (in).

I can't believe the prop pitch really should be 28 inch... maybe 28cm wold make sense for that model. But on the other hand, a diameter of 34 cm would be far too small.

does anybody know how to read that? Is there a glitch in the system?

Thx,
    Uwe

• Hi Uwe,

I just looked at it and it seems that the "Radius" text in the rc 7 aircraft editor should be replaced with "Diameter". For me its also displayed in inches and I cross-checked it with the values in the tmd file where the radius is defined in meters. My prop of radius 0.2794m was displayed as radius 22 in. But it actually should be a radius of 11 in. or a diameter of 22.

In the German translation it says "Durchmesser" which translates to diameter . So its just a translation error in the English user interface.

Regards,
    Jan

Regards,

Jan

• Thanks Jan.

So, the reading should most probably be: 34cm radius and 28cm pitch for the big Extra? This would translate into a 27x11 prop using the common definition in inches. Sounds reasonable to me as it seems to be a 3-blade prop.