Steam Version of Aerofly issues with Windows 10

• The Steam version of Aerofly seems to be exhibiting the following problems with Windows 10:

- When the program is launched, Windows 10 prompts about the program running in "compatibility mode".
    The non-steam version does not do this.
    - If the Steam overlay is enabled when the program is initially launched, the user is presented with a blank screen. Ipacs seems to be aware of this and recommending that user's disable the overlay.
    - If Aerofly is installed to the default C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam folder structure, Aerofly RC7 is unable to sometimes write out configuration and modification files.
    - After a clean Windows 10 install Aerofly needs non-Microsoft video driver updates to have the needed OpenGL DLL files available.

• We will update the Steam version of aerofly RC 7 soon, we are currently looking into some issues we have received.

Regarding: If Aerofly is installed to the default C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam folder structure, Aerofly RC7 is unable to sometimes write out configuration and modification files.

Can you confirm this? What do you mean by sometimes?

• I have the following problem and would request help:

1. When the program is launched, Windows 10 prompts about the program running in "compatibility mode", even though it is not. We have to cancel and only then it proceeds.
    2. I am unable to update mine to aerofly-rc-7-update-win-v70405 as it gives a message of unable to locate rc-7, reinstall from the original DVD. This is a purchased steam version, it is installed in the default program directory and thus this message is not understood. I have removed, reinstalled at different places also, removed old registry entries before reinstall but all to no avail.
    It is requested that the next update be allowed to install where the user point it to.

• You should not use the patch available from our website, if you have the STEAM version of aerofly RC 7. Steam handles the updates and you can mess up the Steam installation if you use our patch.

So we recommend to uninstall aerofly RC 7 using steam, and reinstall it using the Steam client.

Check with the Steam client if you can install aerofly RC 7 to another location, its nothing we can influence, its all handled by Steam.