• Thanks on IPACS for Aerofly 1 - Switzerland is great!
    But the App (on Android) has some annoying bugs, too - Version 1.0.11 on a Moto E 2. Gen
    - Autopilot altitude is wiggling on some aircraft (f. e. Learjet, King Air)
    - Pitts is not flyable - its a known bug, that the start on the ground is impossible because the airplane is getting not controllable
    - The app is crashing too often - especially with the Baron and the King Air, but also with other airplanes
    Please, let us get an update and fix to this bugs!
    Thanks.

• Hi,

we are aware of the Auto Pilot bug with some models. We will address this issue in one of the next updates.

We tested the Pitts and its flying just fine. Do you have Automatic Rudder enabled?

The crashing of the App is unfortunately related to bad drivers on some Android devices. We have not yet found a solution to circumvent this issue. It sometimes helps if you completely turn off and back on your device.

• Hello Knister,
    Are you familiar with tail wheel airplanes?, they do have significant differences from nose wheel planes and the biggest is about the centre of gravity and the position of the main wheels. In a tail wheel plane the COG is behind the wheels so on take off the nose must be aggressively held in the take off direction. If the nose is allowed to drift off then the side force on the wheels will be in front of the COG and will amplify the drift and swing the plane wildly. To avoid this keep the initial position in sight and use rudder to centralise any small swings back to the initial position. On landing this must also be applied but the COG behind the main wheels also tends to dip the tail on landing and the increase in angle of attack generates more lift and balloons the plane back up into the air. This is best avoided by landing the main and tail wheels together so that the tail cannot drop and the wings do not generate more lift with a fixed angle of attack.

The Pitts flies well in my opinion, any well known bug is perhaps several people who do not understand real life aeroplanes, being surprised that some skill is required to control tail wheel aircraft. Keeping the plane straight on take off and remembering what the aeroplane's tail down attitude on the ground looks like when landing will go a long way towards getting on top of realistically controlling tail wheel aircraft.

The real pleasure in a flight sim is in mastering a difficult procedure. The tail wheel planes give a lot of rewarding feed back because they are not easy. When you get better with the Pitts try the F4U Corsair fighter, it is very good.
    Have fun.

• There is a general problem with taxi steering sensitivity when steering is attempted via the rudder slider whilst in 'assisted' or 'Manual' rudder settings. It's too sensitive, and the smaller /lighter the plane, the worse the effect.

I can only personally get around the issue by setting rudder to 'auto' whilst on the ground. This gives steering control to device tilt instead of via the slider.
    I have relatively good control in auto via tilting, once in the air, you can quickly switch to Manual rudder again and resume your flight. This is a workaround I know but hopefully this will get fixed at some point.
    I'd personally like an additional option added whereby you can have manual rudder, but also tilt steering at the same time.

The Pitts being light and powerful, suffers especially here with this issue (as does the extra too).
    There is no issue with the flight model though, you just need to develop your skills for takeoff.

My own tips...
    Use Auto rudder for taxi steering.
    Never use more than 40%throttle for takeoff in the pitts.
    Be pro active with rudder steering not reactive.
    In tail draggers, it's recommended to always apply back pressure on the stick until in the air.
    There is a great Taildragger tutorial here...
    Taildragger tutorial - http://advancedtailwheeltraining.com/tailwheel_basics

Video of my take off in the Pitts, Aerofly1, current Android build.
    https://youtu.be/PQGpl4KbV9g

• I'd say on take off use manual and use +/- 5% rudder but be really aggresive and get it right first time. If the plane is pointing down the runway all will be well. Once the correction is made, immediately set 0% rudder. The problem is in leaving any rudder input once things are fixed. Having the take off position in mind is everything.