Aerofly 2 version 2.3.1 for iOS available now

• Hi donka. Your reported issue with the city night lights is really weird. On my Air 2 / iOS 9.2 I've no problem at all with the scenery lights (except the mentioned issue with the warning lights on top of some tall buildings).

Can you confirm you're running Aerofly at max graphic settings?

EDIT: Ok, solved ;)

• Yup, cheers for the suggestion. It doesn't fix the black out issue at March Reserve Base (Not that I expected it to) but otherwise good. I can't say I have noticed any difference between low and high shadow detail though. What should I be looking for?

• March Air Reserve Base has a bug which we need to fix.

The graphics quality setting will be removed in a future update, people misuse it and experience crashes afterwards.

The HIGH shadow quality just renders shadow onto an aircraft and inside cockpit. It does not look good yet, so we will remove it also.

• March Air Reserve Base has a bug which we need to fix.

The graphics quality setting will be removed in a future update, people misuse it and experience crashes afterwards.

The HIGH shadow quality just renders shadow onto an aircraft and inside cockpit. It does not look good yet, so we will remove it also.

What graphic quality will AF2 be after that happens ? :)

• The HIGH shadow quality just renders shadow onto an aircraft and inside cockpit. It does not look good yet, so we will remove it also.

Oh, what a shame! :(

Despite its rough appearance, I love the new shadows! It adds a lot of immersion to the simulation.

Please, let us choose to turn them on/off.

Edited 2 times, last by Warper71 (December 24, 2015 at 9:15 AM).

• Some more feedback.
    I love the new Location page - being able to select the starting heading and altitude are great additions.

I know the navigation feature is something that is still being worked on but wanted to share some thoughts.
    It seems to me there is a disconnect between the Location and Navigation pages because the Navigation needs you to enter a full flight i.e. select the start and destination airports then add any required waypoints. This makes a lot of sense but if you then go into the flight, you are wherever you last left off and not related to the navigation route you have just entered. You need to ensure you have selected the same starting airport including runway and direction in the Location page before the Navigation will be available for you in flight and be accurate.
    This brings me to another point - if in middle of flight, I can't just select a new destination in the Navigation page to create a new route. I would need to select starting airport etc. It would be nice if while flying, I can pull up the Navigation page and select an airport and runway to land at to create a route, much like how it worked before.
    Finally, the route summary needs more detail such as total flying distance and not just the distance to the next waypoint.

Keep up the great work, I'm loving this new update.

• I've noticed a bug with the aircraft warning lights on top of control towers and other tall buildings. At the first time, they are ok, but after moving from one location to another, the lights appear positioned high above the rooftops. The issue can be easily replicated switching from Los Angeles international airport to any other location on the map and coming back to LAX. Then you'll see something like this:

Really weird. The first time I totally thought it was a UFO... :D

iPad Air 2, iOS 9.2
    Aerofly at max graphic settings

Haha nice :D

• I take it my iPad mini 1 is now officially too old for aerofly :(. The App Store doesn't even give me the option to update to the new version anymore. Sad times. I haven't even tried upgrading to iOS 9 on it yet in case it kills it! Maybe at some point I'll get a new iPad but I'm not looking for one any time soon. Although I have got a PC now and I'm soon to get aerofly on that :)

• Hello. I am playing on an iPad Air 2 (9.2), and have not seen any city lights in either Los Angeles or the Bay Area. Will you be adding full city lights in a future update? Also, what are the benefits for limiting frame rate on iPad Air 2? Thank you

• Hello. I am playing on an iPad Air 2 (9.2), and have not seen any city lights in either Los Angeles or the Bay Area. Will you be adding full city lights in a future update? Also, what are the benefits for limiting frame rate on iPad Air 2? Thank you

I had the same issue. For some reason, the graphics settings default to low. These can be changed under settings on the main page to high.

• One suggestion regarding clouds.
    I realise this is just a cloud layer and I think it looks very authentic and adds to the sim from a cosmetic point of view.
    It looks great when flying below or above it however the effect is ruined as you fly through this layer. I think it would be a great option if the outside view faded to white as you approached this cloud layer (<20m or so) and then faded back to normal view as you left the cloud layer (>20m). This, in my opinion, would make the transition through this cloud layer more authentic and less jarring while hopefully having minimal or no impact on performance.

• I just got my hands on the new update with an iPhone 6. Overall, it's a great update. It was disappointing to see the iPhone 6 does not render the new shadows or the cockpits in the external view. I've also noticed a couple issues with green airport surfaces and pink scenery.