• I personally wouldn't over complicate the mobile version, it's pretty close to perfect now in terms of complexity.
    It would be nice to figure out a means of adding manual tuning for the nav instruments, obs etc. Shouldn't be impossible as X-Plane9 mobile had it years ago. And it's being added to XP10m now allegedly soon to be in beta.
    As far as control of every cockpit lever? No that would be too fiddly for mobile and should really stay the preserve of PC.

I would like to add joystick support for AF2 mobile builds. It's great for at home when you want a little more control. It's already in Infinite Flight, and is being added to XP10m after this next beta phase.

Other than that - mobiles already awesome. (few bugs aside).
    I'd keep adding saleable content, on a regular basis or at least several times a year like new aircraft and scenery if possible. This would keep fans happy and generate regular income for ipacs.

This is exactly how I feel.

• I have a google cardboard in the post. Being cardboard it is easily modifiable and can be adapted perhaps to allow a finger tip to intrude into the 3D world! I imagine an otg cable would allow joystick control of IF but who would want to look around their disgusting dead cockpits? If mobile Aeros had 3D and joystick control it would be nice to zoom in a bit to have clear instruments and have smooth easy viewing of the greater 'virtual screen'. I wonder if the quality smartphone's linear accelerometers are sensitive enough to implement 6 degrees of freedom, i.e. head height and leaning forwards and sideways. Just looking left/right and up/down would not be enough and what use in a flight sim is rotating one's head in the roll (longitudinal) axis?

• I have a google cardboard in the post. Being cardboard it is easily modifiable and can be adapted perhaps to allow a finger tip to intrude into the 3D world! I imagine an otg cable would allow joystick control of IF but who would want to look around their disgusting dead cockpits? If mobile Aeros had 3D and joystick control it would be nice to zoom in a bit to have clear instruments and have smooth easy viewing of the greater 'virtual screen'. I wonder if the quality smartphone's linear accelerometers are sensitive enough to implement 6 degrees of freedom, i.e. head height and leaning forwards and sideways. Just looking left/right and up/down would not be enough and what use in a flight sim is rotating one's head in the roll (longitudinal) axis?

Can't stop laughing at the thought of this beautifully crafted 3d experience with your finger poking about through its glory hole you've cut in the side :)

When using the joystick on IF, I use the hat for panning the view left right up down, and the 3 buttons underneath for zoom in, out, and recentre. It works quite well and is sufficient for basic control.

Head tracking by wearing the device in a vr head fitting, like Google cardboard or Samsung gear vr would just about be the ultimate mobile powered experience I'd imagine. It would be cool to fly with a USB joystick with full head tracking.

I wondered about using 2 devices as an alternative and non vr option. Tablet being the main software driver and screen, phone paired to the tablet via Bluetooth fastened to the users head feeding back head rotation and movement info to the tablet, and the tablet processing the movements and accentuating the movements like TrackIR does. Flight controls could be either tilting the tablet or by plug in usb joystick. Just an idea.

• Every tablet and 99% of phones have a webcam/selfie camera and the camera software often analyses the faces in a shot for various smart shot controls. Could a sim calculate the posture and position of a face to mimic trackIR functions and offer the 6 degrees of freedom sensing? The eyes could keep looking at the screen but partial head movement could pan and shift the virtual eyepoint.

• I personally wouldn't want to over complicate the mobile version although some form of head tracking if easy to implement would be an interesting addition provided it was not resource hungry. Not sure how reliable it would be though since there is such a diverse range of cameras used with different resolutions and light sensitivities. It could prove to be a very unreliable affair.

• Every tablet and 99% of phones have a webcam/selfie camera and the camera software often analyses the faces in a shot for various smart shot controls. Could a sim calculate the posture and position of a face to mimic trackIR functions and offer the 6 degrees of freedom sensing? The eyes could keep looking at the screen but partial head movement could pan and shift the virtual eyepoint.

This Android app here tries to achieve what you were talking about.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/det….headtracking3d
    Doesn't work with my device to try it out.

Your idea wouldn't work theoretically though, due to tilt control. As you tilt the device to control Aileron or elevator, the device would think your view angle had changed.
    That's the reason I suggested using a 2nd device to feed gyro position info back to the primary device via Bluetooth. Don't know if it'd work, but theoretically it should be a better idea.