Diamond Visionics

• Hi (hope somebody reads this!)

I would like to suggest that due to the similarities of approach, and the fact that they are apparently interested in making a civilian simulation, that Ipacs could probably find a lot of common ground with Diamond Visionics and their technology.

Possibly something to explore that might be mutually beneficial!

[video=youtube_share;VM4P3QAQYMM]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/media]

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Diamond Visions just signed a contract with nexgenflightsim

http://forum.nexgenflightsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=133

Highly improbable they will sign another one.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• I wouldn't worry. A company like that probably has dozens of contracts of various sorts. Its what they do. License their agile scenery creation technology.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I don't see that many things that they have in common. Its as much as FSX or X-Plane have in common with Aerofly FS 2...
    They do have a few neat shader features like the low level fog, that looks quite nice.

Cheers,
    Jan

Ipacs is doing photo-scenery with hand placed buildings, but has no city street-lighting or water masks. Diamond Visionics has a fast (apparently realtime) system for populating photoscenery with buildings, and has street lighting tech and the ability to create accurate water masks, plus they already have a huge completed scenery library with trees, clouds, weather etc, parts of which might be portable to Aerofly in whole or in part......

Could be a false trail, but it might also be at least worth a discussion and a look-see.

I won't push it though. It was just a thought.

WGS84 continuous round earth
    Fly continuously around the globe, with no loss of precision.
    Dynamic terrain
    Add craters, ditches, and berms at run-time. Apply dynamic state changes to 3-D models.
    Advanced environment
    Visibility: Fog, Haze, Ground fog
    Rain, Snow
    Ephemeris model (sun, moon, stars)
    2D and 3D Volumetric Clouds
    Selectable coverage
    Storms
    Automatic cultural lighting intensity based on global illumination level
    Physics-based sensors
    EO/IR
    FLIR
    NVG
    Marine
    Reflections of environment and scene objects
    Sea states (including wind speed and direction)
    Ship wakes (bow and stern)
    Entities
    Switch control
    Animation control
    Level of detail support
    Degree of freedom control
    Screen-space culling
    Advanced impostering
    Special Effects
    Smoke plume
    Smoke trail
    Missile trails
    Rotor wash
    Flares
    Chaff
    Fire animations
    Explosion animations
    Water explosions
    Tracers
    High-performance mission functions
    Height above terrain (HAT)
    Height of terrain (HOT)
    Line of sight (LOS)
    Advanced lighting effects
    High-fidelity projected lights
    Entity shadows
    Human characters
    DI-Guy Support

Devons rig