• Hi, I just updated my Cessna 172 cold and dark mod for the current Steam version of the Aerofly FS 2. Apart from the changes made to the default C172 there isn't much new compared to the previous one. So this is more a patch.

The link is (same as before):

https://www.aerofly-sim.de/download/downl…2_c172_download

• Hi Jet-Pack.

I got the mod last night, and I LOVE IT!

I did have a couple questions that I did not see answered above:

1- NAV/GPS. I tested the button for that, and activated NAV HOLD On the autopilot, however unlike aircraft like the beeches, dash, etc... it did not follow the flight plan that appears on the moving map. Is that the current state of the mod, or did I miss a step somewhere? Also related, the buttons on the moving map appear to be clickable but have no functions assigned to them.

I think we know what this is leading up to... some form of GPS (G1000 on steroids maybe?) That moving map is just begging to be utilitzed more in all aircraft that have it, especially the military jets.

2- Is there currently a way to inject sounds for actions such as door open/close, and engine start/stop? Not sure if the sim even has those recorded.

and finally-

3- Did you model anything to do with the cylinder head temps? I sat there waiting to see the temp coming up after start, and noticed it was still at zero till I gave her some throttle and started moving.

• 1) that is the state of the current basic autopilot. I've asked if I should give that route following (for the default c172 and b58) but it was rejected. The GPS button in the mod has no function yet other than illuminate in a pretty fashion :D

Moving map at the side is prepared for future use, buttons have no function yet, that is correct.

I enabled most, if not all clickspots in the mod so that you can see that we sometimes prepare things that are not functioning yet. In the default program there are at least a couple of thousand such clickspots but we disable them so people don't get confused. Not in this mod though :)

2) You can create your own sound as shown in the aircraft SDK. Currently I have no sounds for a C172. I'm sort of waiting for the default C172 to get engine start...

3) No, that should also come from the default engine model, otherwise I'd have to fake them. And I'm hesitant to fake things in Aerofly when they usually come out of the Aerofly engine just like that :)

• An updated version of the C172 cold and dark mod has been uploaded to fix the landing gear strut.

(This fixes the mod only, the default cessna will be updated with the sim as normal)

Updated version in the download section of this forum should be updated shortly.

• Alright,

sorry for the delay but I figured now that the default C172 is already cold and dark the demand for the modded may not be that high. But you guys kept asking for it so I'm happy to announce once again: The C172 mod has been updated and officially renamed to just "c172 mod" (no longer cold and dark since the default 172 is also cold and dark now, yeah 8))

Here's the link, but you can of course also download it from this forum!

I changed the flight setup a bit today, made some changes to the propeller, now the aircraft can do 125kts in level flight at full power. The aircraft offers everything that the default C172 also has: mixture, cold and dark, parking brake and adds a few things such as: starter key return, yoke hide, doors and windows. But mainly this has become a different flight setup for the C172, let me know what you think and what effects need to be improved.

I remember that the side slip wasn't too good, maybe I'll change that in an upcoming update.

• but I figured now that the default C172 is already cold and dark the demand for the modded may not be that high.

Never fly for real on c172 and beginer in flight sim so don't know what is more realistic but i don't like to much after the take off and the begining flight with the default c172. It turn so much on the left, i have to fight with the plane. Smoother (but not to easy too) with your version, so more enjoyable for me.

• I'll have to try the mod. So far, I've only flown the default C172. One thing I noticed is that I couldn't get a crisp break at the stall (power off) like I do IRL. In the sim, I have to add a bit of power to get a pronounced break/nose drop.

Has that been addressed in the mod?

Thanks

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• Actually I can't quite remember, I've started this mod at least a year ago. The airfoils are changed so it should stall differently, too.

Ok thanks, I'll test it when I get time.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• I downloaded the C172 mod a few minutes ago, hadn't had a chance to update this wonderful addition for a few weeks... To my great disappointment, no opening doors or windows! Everything else works and looks like a charm (repaints all show up, etc.), so I must have done something wrong. Won't be the first time! 😉

HELP! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Arne

• hey arne ...I had the same problem . I fixed it by installing the control tmd file from the 2nd last download in the up dated folder ...than it works cheers Eike

Same here, except for me, it only "partially" fixed it. I can fly it, but there are no click spots for anything!

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

• You know what? I forgot to include the controls.tmd file :(

For now you can use the default's c172 controls.tmd as a replacement. I'll try to get an upload for you as soon as I can. But without access to my server this is gonna be a bit tricky :D

That's what I did, that resulted in no click spots. Prior to copying the default .tmd, none of the controls worked.

None for doors either, so there may be more issues with the upload.

No rush, take your time, enjoy your holiday. Next year is fine^^

Thanks

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

Edited 2 times, last by Redtail (December 22, 2017 at 1:01 PM).