• The scenery is significantly softer with a mini 2. I think I'll keep iOS FS for nice scenery mobile Switzerland (android AF 1 is soft also). With low visibility or night time it looks 100%. Keeping the improved runways, parked planes and solid cockpits in external view with a mini 2 is more important to me than the scenery resolution. I wonder if a lower frame rate would improve stability in older devices, 15 to 20 fps used to be a half reasonable frame rate in FSX.

• Sure can, will do so tonight as I only have my mini 4 with me. I'm assuming the 9.7 Pro instead of the 12.9? Any specific screenshots you want? FWIW, I haven't noticed any real differences in graphic quality between the Pro and mini 4 when both set to max graphics so it may well be that option that determines the quality if it is enabled on the device. Perhaps the only difference may be a higher frame rate.
    I'll also post some videos up in the coming days in the videos thread.

I'm trying to see the differences on the max quality preset to test if my Air 2 can still be considered a high end device or not ;)
    Thank you in advance!

• Thank you donka!

In my experience, some changes have been made to the lightning engine. For example, there is no self-shadows on cockpits or airplanes and reflections on the fuselage have been drastically reduced or removed as you can see in the following screenshots:

>PREVIOUS VERSION<

>CURRENT VERSION<

Edited once, last by Warper71 (November 15, 2016 at 7:52 AM).

• Thank you donka!

In my experience, some changes have been made to the lightning engine. For example, there is no self-shadows on cockpits or airplanes and reflections on the fuselage have been drastically reduced or removed as you can see in the following screenshots:

You are welcome. FYI, the Pro 9.7 is exactly the same i.e. no self shadowing as before. To tell the truth, I was never keen on it as the shadows were pixelated and didn't look natural. I believe I saw talk of them being removed for this reason.

• We removed the self shadowing in the latest version as it just didn't look good.

The iPad Mini 4, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro would actually be capable of rendering the better pixel shaders with self shadowing, but we will leave this as a possibility for a future update. The visual difference as it is now is already difficult to communicate to our customers.

• Hi guys,

THX for the update but here is the problem, I run Aerofly2 on iPad with 16gb.
    On iTunes it says the update is suitable with my machine as long as I have ios10 or higher.
    The thing is, my machine has ios9.3.5 and it says that the machine is updtaed to the latest ios.
    What am I missing ? Does that mean it is the end of Aerofly 2 for me ? i have been waiting for this updtae.....
    Please advise,
    THX guys,

The one you don't see is the the one who will shoot you down !

• My mini 2 was released almost 3 years ago and it just about copes with FS 2. The planes, airports, runways and cockpits are great and the nav feature is improved. Scenery texture is sharp only to about 5 miles out and is inferior to Pros which are very detailed to the horizon. The iPad 4 was enabled in error as it was intended that all 32 bit devices would be excluded. The 4 is expected to give some stuttering according to IPACS, is your device better or worse than an iPad 4?

Edited once, last by Overloaded (November 23, 2016 at 8:25 AM).

• Sorry to say, but we no longer support the iPad 2 ( not iPad 2 Mini! ) as this device just no longer runs Aerofly FS 2 stable.

Supporting this device would have ment, that we would have to put considerable development effort into getting those devices compatible again, this is just no option for us.

As Overloaded said, we actually wanted to remove all 32 Bit devices as they are also no suitable anymore but due to a mistake this slipped in, so expect to see this is the last version running on 32 Bit devices. All future updates or new major version will require a 64 Bit iOS device.

The performance difference between an iPad Mini 4 or iPad Air 2 compared to an iPad 2 is tremendous. One can expect a factor of 5 to 10 depending on what you do.