• In version 1 someone created a "mod" allowing for the DR400 to act as a glider tug.

I know we do not yet have the R400 in AF2, but we could use the C172 instead. Any ideas how to get it working ?

Thx!

Limited by Main Thread...

• And while your at it, winch launching would be great as well!

What would be brilliant is when you can direct the tug in the navigation tab to a point on the map at a certain altitude. So you can get a tug to a ridge which is at the right orientation for a certain wind direction.

• And while your at it, winch launching would be great as well!

What would be brilliant is when you can direct the tug in the navigation tab to a point on the map at a certain altitude. So you can get a tug to a ridge which is at the right orientation for a certain wind direction.

Yes! That would be even better!!!

Limited by Main Thread...

• Yes, I originally created the glider tow for the Aerofly RC 5 and Krysk used it as a base to hijack the winch of the Aerofly FS 1. But since there isn't a winch in the current version of the Aerofly FS 2 we can't change the physics of the winch to that of the DR 400 or Cessna 172.
    I've not tried yet if the winch is still implemented but just not placed at the airports or if its generally not in the code. The latter would rule out the possibility of a winch for all aircraft but still we could hack an invisible winch if the rope is still in the engine. Maybe its not in the engine anymore, then the only option left is an artificial jet engine that boosts you up. Or you could just assign a clickspot in the cockpit to the lift up function...

Regards,

Jan