Units ( weight & fuel )...

• Been playing around with some of the parameters in the aircraft files ( mostly .tmd ) and in particular changing the fuel loads and payload.

It's very good to see the level of detail of this particular representation of each aircraft, with tanks properly positioned relative to the aircraft.

But I wonder if the metric system only is being used ? Kg ? L ? what else ?

Thx

Limited by Main Thread...

• Official Post

All aerofly files use SI units only. You will only see the conversion to other units in the graphics section of the tmd file. And the conversion is only done once, only to indicate in the units used in the real cockpit

So yes, kg is the unit of the mass. All sizes are in meters. Time is in seconds. Force constants are in N/m...

• Hmmm.. Off to adjust the fuel weight in the Pitts now. I've been meaning to check the tmd files out for some time now but haven't had time to do so, yet. Now if I can just figure out what to add to get the mixture control working, engine shutoff, and canopy open in the Pitts.

• Official Post

The canopy is already animated I think, try to change the canopy input to 1.0, that should play the animation. All left to do is add a clickspot to the handle in the controls.tmd file of the pitts and hook that up to the value.
    Engine Shutoff: there is a ThrottleCut input for the engine. You just need to hook that up like I did with the Cessna... (obviously you need a clickspot for that as well, use OnRotate for the mixture command)
    To make things easier, you should set the "developer" setting to "true" in the main.mcf in your documents folder. Then you have an extra cockpit camera that makes the clickspots visible.

• The canopy is already animated I think, try to change the canopy input to 1.0, that should play the animation. All left to do is add a clickspot to the handle in the controls.tmd file of the pitts and hook that up to the value.
    Engine Shutoff: there is a ThrottleCut input for the engine. You just need to hook that up like I did with the Cessna... (obviously you need a clickspot for that as well, use OnRotate for the mixture command)
    To make things easier, you should set the "developer" setting to "true" in the main.mcf in your documents folder. Then you have an extra cockpit camera that makes the clickspots visible.

Thanks for the hints Jet-Pack! Do you know of the oil press/temp needles in the Pitts are animated already?

• The canopy is already animated I think, try to change the canopy input to 1.0, that should play the animation. All left to do is add a clickspot to the handle in the controls.tmd file of the pitts and hook that up to the value.

Ok, I have set the developer setting to true but still do not see the clickspots visible. I'm not sure what extra cockpit camera means.. is it the "view" commands, 1, 2, etc?

• Yes, one of the cockpit cameras should be at a weird place, it can be moved by looking in the right direction and holding arrow up or down. It saves that location but when you switch to another aircraft you need to move this developer camera to the cockpit again.

I've tried that and still aren't seeing the developer camera :( Confirming changing the Canopy Input to 1.0 causes the canopy to open.. Now if I can just find the clickspot names.

• Ok, it does not seem to work in the current Steam version :/
    For the canopy there probably is none yet. You would have know where the knob is in the 3D model and place the clickspot there. I'm afraid I don't have access to the model here at home so that I can't quickly tell you where it needs to go.
    Hint: take a look into the A320 controls.tmd. If you uncomment the clickspots for the window handles you can maybe understand how the connect the clickspot to the tmd and forward the message to the graphics.

• Ok, it does not seem to work in the current Steam version :/
    For the canopy there probably is none yet. You would have know where the knob is in the 3D model and place the clickspot there. I'm afraid I don't have access to the model here at home so that I can't quickly tell you where it needs to go.
    Hint: take a look into the A320 controls.tmd. If you uncomment the clickspots for the window handles you can maybe understand how the connect the clickspot to the tmd and forward the message to the graphics.

Will give it a try, thanks for the hint!