• Aerofly FS does a remarkable job in simulating prop effects, both in single and multi prop aircraft in it's fleet.

I've brought the "tmd" files with me for holidays - now that I can't play it for some days, I will at least be able to "study" it :)

I wonder where the design features to compensate for prop effects are.

I couldn't find preset aileron or rudder trim tab settings, although I know we can use the trim controls on aircraft models that have them available in real life. But I wonder if engine cant and / or tail surface incidence are also used in some of the models ?

Where should I look for it ?

Limited by Main Thread...

• You can find the incidence by searching just that word in the tmd file. The incidence is defined in the aerowing class, just search for StabilizerAero or something like that.
    There the propwash onto that surface is also defined. Use PropWashPercentage to change its strength and PropWashRotation to counter some of the torque of the engine. Higher PropWashRotation will rotate the aircraft more to the right, less will not counter as much torque and the aircraft will roll to the right with more power. If you set the PropWashRotation on the vertical stabilizer you will be able to adjust how much the nose yaws left and right when you increase power. (p-effect its called I think)
    Trim is an entire seperate topic, trim taps would be correctly simulated in the airfoils Cl0 and Cm0 attributes. Changing the Cl0 of the airfoil on the vertical stabilizer will have the same effect as a trim tap I think.
    You can offset the trim by just changing its starting value: e.g. for the "control_input" "RudderTrim" add a parameter "Value" with the value "0.1", or "-0.1".

You could also rotate the propeller plane with the X0, Y0 and Z0 attributes in the propeller itself.

You might be able to find usefull tips here: http://wiki.aerofly-sim.de/

Cheers,
    Jan

Regards,

Jan

• Precious info Jan! Thank you !!!

I had searched and found the incidence entries, and also those propwashrotation, but didn't know how to interpret it.

The more I learn about this sim, the more I like it :)

The foundations are solid and very well designed, and that's all we could ask for while we wait for whatever comes in the future.

I'm also surprised with the pace and amount of features and details updated since it was released, specially given the small team behind this project.

Lot's of potential!

Limited by Main Thread...