Oculus Rift Bug - Strange view tilt in some aircraft.

• Hey all, Remember me?!

I said I would be back once AFFS got Oculus support so here I am! I'm really pleased with the results so far it looks and flies great and its lovely and smoooooth in my Oculus even on high settings! I understand its early access but I'm really excited to see the development continue and I'm crossing my fingers for multiplayer and hopefully Pilot Edge support because it would be -Perfect- for Pilot Edge.

My only minor gripe is that in some aircraft my view seems to be somewhat tilted up. The worst offender for this seems to be the King Air C90. Its difficult to explain but It feels like the default 2D view has some built in down tilt in it so you can see more of the instrument panel and that is somehow translating to the 3D view as well. The horizon in the sim is higher than it is in real life. I feel like I'm leaning forwards in my chair... or like the whole aircraft its tilted nose up. Its very strange, and also difficult to describe. Its not a tracking issue with my oculus as other aircraft (extra 300 for instance) work fine and the menu screen is exactly where it should be. Is there any setup file I can edit to reset the pitch in these views to 0?

Thanks
    C

AFFS2 Needs Multiplayer - Please make it happen!

• Fixed!

I decided to do some investigating and so I dug around in the files and managed to find the file for each aircraft that contains the camera perimeters.

For the King Air C90 you need to navigate to:

Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\aircraft\c90gtx

Inside that folder you'll find a file called c90gtx.tmd, first thing first is copy the file and paste it somewhere safe as a backup incase you completely break things - Always make a backup!!!

Once backed up open the original with your preferred text editor (mine is Notepad ++)

Find the area that says " // cameras start"

The first camera listed seems to be the follow camera but the two after that are the pilot and copilot.

<[string8][object][camera_head]
    <[string8][Name][CameraPilot]>
    <[string8][Body][Fuselage]>
    <[tmvector3d][R0][ 0.76 0.44 1.02 ]>
    <[tmvector3d][X0][ 0.99 0.0 -0.12 ]>
    <[float64][Kf][40.0]>
    <[float64][Df][1.00]>
    <[float64][Kt][0.04]>
    <[float64][Dt][0.02]>
    <[bool][InCockpit][true]>
    <[string8][Tags][cockpit pilot left]>
    >
    <[string8][Name][CameraCoPilot]>
    <[tmvector3d][R0][ 0.76 -0.44 1.02 ]>
    <[tmvector3d][X0][ 0.99 0.0 -0.12 ]>
    <[float64][Kf][40.0]>
    <[float64][Df][1.00]>
    <[float64][Kt][0.04]>
    <[float64][Dt][0.02]>
    <[string8][Tags][cockpit copilot right]>

I have bolded the two parameters that control the pitch of the camera... If you want to test this change it to something like 0.5 and you'll find that you will be staring at the ceiling lol.

Below you can see that I've changed them to 0 and now the view pitch is what it should be and feels MUCH more natural in the Oculus.

<[string8][Name][CameraPilot]>
    <[tmvector3d][R0][ 0.76 0.44 1.02 ]>
    <[tmvector3d][X0][ 0.99 0.0 0.0 ]>
    <[float64][Kf][40.0]>
    <[float64][Df][1.00]>
    <[float64][Kt][0.04]>
    <[float64][Dt][0.02]>
    <[string8][Tags][cockpit pilot left]>
    >
    <[string8][Name][CameraCoPilot]>
    <[tmvector3d][R0][ 0.76 -0.44 1.02 ]>
    <[tmvector3d][X0][ 0.99 0.0 0.0 ]>
    <[float64][Kf][40.0]>
    <[float64][Df][1.00]>
    <[float64][Kt][0.04]>
    <[float64][Dt][0.02]>
    <[string8][Tags][cockpit copilot right]>

The two bolded sections above are interesting because they control the camera location in space, so if you feel you want the center position of camera to be changed you can edit that as well.

It might be a good idea for the devs to somehow 0 the view pitch out in VR mode. No idea how to do that across the board though.

I'm now going to do that to all aircraft!

Hope it helps somebody!

AFFS2 Needs Multiplayer - Please make it happen!

• Thanks for providing a solution to the view tilt for other users. Please be aware that your changes might be overwritten at any time when the Steam client updates Aerofly FS 2 or checks the files for consistency.

As you mentioned, the tilt is included to give the best 2D view in terms of outside and panel area on the screen. VR changes the game, and we will turn the tilt off when VR is enabled to get the most natural feeling.