The king of the simulators can not be without one helicopter !!!!

• I am a faithful follower of fantastic "Aerofly Fs 2" in virtual reality mode (Htc Vive).

The planes are absolutely amazing, but please give us a single helicopter to the thousands of fans of these fascinating aircraft.

Just think of being able to fly "Grand Canyon" at the ciclyc of an R66, Huey h1, Robinson .......

You are very happy to make a large number of followers.

I want to thank you for giving us such quality graphics never before seen on a simulator.

When a helicopter ???

Greetings

• Hello,

I suppose ones this amazing good FS will officialy released that the Heli R22 will be part of it next to a few other new planes.

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• IPACS have already announced that there are quite a number of helicopter enthusiasts among their team. And since there are already pictures of a R22 Robinson helicopter on their Facebook page, I'd say its just a matter of time, really. As with all things that IPACS have done in the past, new stuff, like a helicopter, will only come when they are happy with it and when its in a presentable finished state.

Personally I would want the flight physics to be perfected first before I spend time with a machine that does somewhat fly like a helicopter but not really realistic. I'd say when the helicopters fly as good or maybe even better (more realistic) than the ones in X-Plane, then its ready for a release... :)

Cheers,
    Jan

Regards,

Jan

• You are right. A helicopter should be added once the physics engine is 100% polished for rotorcrafts. I'm a helicopter pilot myself and flying any helicopter in fsx is just a joke. X-plane is much better, but I expect huge things from aerofly. Just give them some time and enjoy the sim in the meantime.

• Time for a little thread resurrection. Given the exciting progress on all this new OrbX scenery and such, it seems a great time to have a helicopter or two to really get up close to all these new goodies. So, just wondering, any news on the helicopter front?

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• Helicopters take on a whole new level in VR. For me they provide the most satisfying sim flying experience of anything available in VR. There is something about how helis are a very 3-dimensional experience which translates so well to VR, but it has to be done right (DCS/XP11) or don't bother (FSX)

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• Helicopters take on a whole new level in VR. For me they provide the most satisfying sim flying experience of anything available in VR. There is something about how helis are a very 3-dimensional experience which translates so well to VR, but it has to be done right (DCS/XP11) or don't bother (FSX)

You're right there! One of the best VR experiences i've had is flying the Mi8 is VR in DCS. Feels so massive and lumbering... and the Vortex Ring is a killer lol.

;)

AFFS2 Needs Multiplayer - Please make it happen!

• @HeliExperts,
    Yes, I want the physics to be correct - but please, we are going to have some fantastic scenery in a few days (ORBX) that can ONLY be seen well in a heli and I will be glad to fly whatever IPACS has available. We seem to be OK flying aircraft now that don't have a lot working perfectly - why not an early release of the R22.

• @HeliExperts,
    Yes, I want the physics to be correct - but please, we are going to have some fantastic scenery in a few days (ORBX) that can ONLY be seen well in a heli and I will be glad to fly whatever IPACS has available. We seem to be OK flying aircraft now that don't have a lot working perfectly - why not an early release of the R22.

Well, not ONLY can be scenery be seen well in a heli, but yes that would be the case when airborne. How about a BOB or Avitar like add on that we can use to walk around or move rather quickly on the ground to check things out up close. Can't be that difficult, can it?

Regards,

Ray

• IMHO, take DCS as tge reference... and even so, only the Belsimtek models... The rest is... not even by far comparable, IMO...

I love the DCS Huey, have you tried the XP11 Bell 412 and 407 from the X-Plane shop? Every bit as good I think, if you like your rotorcraft I'm sure you would love those. I can't see any reason that AFS2 shouldn't match that quality eventually, either with 3rd party partnerships or in-house.

• @HeliExperts,

I see the point of "100% tuned physics before release" but I also agree with whitav8.. After all we are still in Early access so why not Early access with one Early access porkchop :cool:

Over and Out

Jay

• Yes I think Helicopter is more important for Aerofly FS 2 than any other sims, simply because the beautiful scenery in FS 2 calls for it. With the joining of Orbx this is even more emergent. Without an helicopter, all these eye candies would be a waste.