We need more FOV in triple screen setups

• The display seems to have too much zoom when using a triple display system. eg: Zooming right out only reveals the top row of gauges in the c172.

We need an FOV slider to set the base FOV (before Zoom is applied). Like the widescreen setting in FSX, or some sort of value in the main.mcf that we can tweak . The FOV values in the main.mcf seem to only reflect the current "in game" zoom settings the user has set in each view, so we would need an additional "base" value.

I originally got around this by following the Triple Screen setup instructions on the FS2 Steam Community guide, but only setting up a single screen (and setting it's FOV), but this now breaks the control hotspot locations on the screen in the Aug 26 beta.

BTW, these Community Guide triple screen instructions work fine if your left/right monitors are at 90deg. It doesn't seem to make sense with any other angle as each display rotates around the roll axis independantly.

• Triple screen need an in game option to adjust the monitor angles or devs are implementing the new Pascal feature of this. All other ways are no go. But in the age of VR and oculus, triple screen is a thing from yesterday.

• Very nice hardware. I know this problem from simracing. Shortely ago, triple screen with extra hardware there was state of the art too. Then 4k was upcoming and HD wasn't nice anymore. For this reason one month ago, I tested the possibility of triple 4K monitor setup.

https://forum.virtualracing.org/showthread.php/100899-4K-Racing-auf-Single-und-Triplescreensetups-Erfahrungen-Berichte-und-Optionen?p=2173741&viewfull=1#post2173741

It works well, but... I missed the immersion of my Oculus with the effect, that I'm now using only one 48 UHD alternating with the Oculus. I think 2D gaming in foreseeable future will disappear.

• Did you try our tutorial here for setting up triple screen:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=738066887

Some users reported, they were quite happy with this setup. We have to fix the mouse cockpit interaction with this mode, but we want to know if its actually what you were looking for.

Thanks IPACS,

If you look at the photos of my setup above, you will see that my left and right screens are at about 15 degrees to the center screen.

When I tried this approach with my monitors and set the "z_axis_offset_in_degree" to, -15 and +15 respectively, each display seemed to bank around the roll axis independently rather than one central axis shared across the 3 screens.

So it seemed to be really only useful if my left and right monitors were at 90degs.

Was I doing something wrong? Would nVidia Surround bezel correction cause problems?

Here is a copy of the settings I used .....

<[list_tmsettings_separate_3d_view][separate_3d_view_list][]
    <[tmsettings_separate_3d_view][element][0]
    <[float64][x][0]>
    <[float64][y][0]>
    <[float64][w][0.333333]>
    <[float64][h][1]>
    <[float64][field_of_view_factor][1]>
    <[float64][z_axis_offset_in_degree][-15]>
    >
    <[tmsettings_separate_3d_view][element][1]
    <[float64][x][0.333333]>
    <[float64][y][0]>
    <[float64][w][0.333333]>
    <[float64][h][1]>
    <[float64][z_axis_offset_in_degree][0]>
    >
    <[tmsettings_separate_3d_view][element][2]
    <[float64][x][0.666666]>
    <[float64][y][0]>
    <[float64][w][0.333333]>
    <[float64][h][1]>
    <[float64][z_axis_offset_in_degree][15]>
    >
    >

• -15 and +15 are not the right values to enter here, they should be higher.

The angles you enter in the config specify by how many degrees Aerofly should rotate the view direction around our 'up axis' with respect to the default view.

Please experiment with higher values as you have to take you field of view into account as well.

If this still doesn't work, please describe in more detail whats wrong or provide a screenshot of the whole setup.

With this feature keep in mind that you will not have a 100% match of the border of where the monitors touch each other.

• Thanks for the info.

I don't suppose you could suggest the correct value for 15deg screens?

In any cae, if we can get the mouse hotspots working again, I will probably be happy just to use the single screen version of this (and use the FOV parameter) like I did before the beta update.

Thanks again for the info.

Edited once, last by aeroflyfan1 (August 29, 2016 at 2:02 AM).