• Why would you want two keys for the gear toggle? Press "g" or the assigned key on your input device once and it changes the state of the gear. If you are in the cockpit you'll instantly see some lamps illuminate or the gear lever moving, and if you are outside you'll see either the gear doors opening or the the gear moving... What is the reason behind your desire to "waste" an extra key assignment or joystick button only to set the gear. I'd understand if you had a homebuilt cockpit with an actual physical lever...

• I did not understand this request either.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Its not difficult to understand. If you don't want to use two commands then use the toggle option. There are many keys that I don't need but if someone else needs them that's great, the only difference is that I just don't use them and I am glad that they are there for someone else. If this simulator wants to be a serious contender in the flightsim market then its going to have to meet a wide range of different levels of enthusiasm and yes I do have a home built cockpit with an undercarriage lever.

• A Boeing gear centre position would look much better too.

I agree and lets face it we don't expect it tomorrow but when it fits in with development.

Implementation of VR brought me to Aerofly and probably many others so reaching out to many different enthusiasts must be good for development because it brings in revenue.

I am a member of the SouthWest flight simulation group we meet once a month and we normally get about 30 members attend every month and I know most of them are watching how Aerofly FS2 develops if it turns into a simulator that meets their needs they will invest and invest in DLC most flight sim enthusiasts are desperate for something new FSX P3D and Xplane are now to out dated.

I will be Attending the Cosford Flight Simulation show this year again with the group and will have all my gear there using VR and will probably use Aerofly FS2 as a show piece on the stand and that's because I believe with what I have seen so far that they will progress with this making it quite a reasonable flight simulator by meeting the needs of the flightsim community.

• A Boeing gear centre position would look much better too.

Isn't that confusing for most users? In all other airplanes the gear comes down if you press g once after you retracted it, but then in the 737 or 747 (does it have that, too?) you would have to press the gear key twice. For the mobile version you'd have to introduce a third state to a button that just turns green or white depending on gear down or up...

So there are a lot of things to keep in mind here, but I would like to add that feature to the Boeings, too.
    What I could do is set a time out that moves the lever from the up position to the middle one a few seconds after the gear is fully up. But then you wouldn't have to move the lever manually to the center (or centre, guess you like Britisch spelling more)...

Cheers,
    Jan

• I know some aircraft have a centre position on the gear lever and most centre positions are just a resting position with no function so you would not need to set it to anything, I am not sure about the Boeing set up..

• I know some aircraft have a centre position on the gear lever and most centre positions are just a resting position with no function so you would not need to set it to anything, I am not sure about the Boeing set up..

[me thinking out loud, please don't take this serious :D]
    why would you want to add a state to a lever that has no purpose? just to give the pilots something todo maybe... what happens if you move the lever from off to up again, does it then just fall down to off again, is the lever in the off position also in some form of detent? Is there some way to go to down position without passing by over the [crossout]center[/crossout
    ] centre? Maybe they wanted to decrease the work load of the pilot that has to move the lever for to the down position, he only has to do half the way, thats better right?
    then how far down should the "middle" position be? The gear should still stay in but the doors should also stay closed, but the lights shouldn't be lit all the time, and the pilot should at least have to move the lever more than the 0.3 feet, so hmm... maybe one inch from the top? naah pilots wont see any difference then... lets just do 50/50 so that they'll never know if the gear is up or down, that will keep them awake all the time... never knowing if you actually have a half extended gear, because you can't look, too... oh wait the 737 doesn't even cover the wheels fully, does it... maybe it does as long as the lever is in up but nobody told the pilots

edit: chemtrails, thats the solution! You put it to center position, that turns on the chemtrails, SOLVED! Someone probably has a proof for that... Here is a video that also features chemtrails... all jokes aside this video is really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWOqBZW8u0Y - probably the best part is where he inserts 20€ to get the airbus started LOL

• I suggest the use of automatic set tot the 'middle' position of the gear-lever after the gear is fully retracted, stored and all gear-doors are closed..

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• why would a sim not offer individual key assigments?

Can't remember a sim with fix assignments, with the exeption
    of some WWI-arcade game.

He asks for gear up, so he may have a good reason to do so.

I asked for scroll zooming, was overchatted too.

I don't think that's the right approach to satisfy customers.

• Speaking of "key" i refered to keyboard mainly,
    whatever hotas equipment you may want to attach, those knobs are additional.

Closed assigments make their work a lot harder, as they have to try and consider all possible devices out there.
    Think of knob rotations etc. in the cockpit, which may encounter with your personal intuitions.

Frankly, i can not detect a single good reason why there shouldn't be free key assignement.
    Their logics may not necessarily be your logics, or mine, or anyones.

• Key and button single-press or repeat as well as repeat-rate choice would also be desirable. Having repeat on seat adjust right and not on seat adjust left is an example of why this should not be left to the whims or oversights of a busy developer. I had a key pair assigned to the heading bug in the initial issue until the repeat function was removed for some impossible to fathom reason. Imagine 180 seperate key presses to reverse the heading bug:confused:

• Key and button single-press or repeat as well as repeat-rate choice would also be desirable. Having repeat on seat adjust right and not on seat adjust left is an example of why this should not be left to the whims or oversights of a busy developer. I had a key pair assigned to the heading bug in the initial issue until the repeat function was removed for some impossible to fathom reason. Imagine 180 seperate key presses to reverse the heading bug:confused:

For me it is exactly the same, moving the view left or right...

You could just use the scroll wheel if you want to change the heading really fast. My mouse even has a mouswheel unlock so that it can free wheel... But even without that the mouse wheel is by far the quickest input...
    I'm not saying a repeat shouldn't be added, this is a work around suggestion for the mean time.

Cheers,
    Jan