Alternative/Replacment Sun Flare

• EDIT: I've updated this thread with a new revision of my alternative/replacement sun flare texture that now includes FIVE variants!

Realistic Sunflare Texture Pack for Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator
    v1.0 by Tailwheel, 5 September 2016

OVERVIEW
    Like many Aerofly FS 2 users, I don't really like the default lens flare effect in the simulator and have disabled it using the method outlined in this thread: http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthre…n-camera-effect

Using the above method leaves the user with a single 'flare' texture from the sun ('sb_flare00_color.ttx'). I have put together a package of 5 FREEWARE texture replacements for this default file providing a few variations of the effect (refer to the images below and located in each folder inside the zip file).

DOWNLOAD
    Sunflares_byTailwheel.zip

INSTALLATION

1. Unzip the file you downloaded ('sunflares.zip'). Inside you will find this readme.txt file, and 5 folders ('Realistic 01', 'Realistic 02', etc.) In each folder is a .jpg image showing the specific flare effect in Aerofly FS 2 and a replacement texture file 'sb_flare00_color.ttx'.

2. IMPORTANT! - BACKUP the original 'sb_flare00_color.ttx' from your '...\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\texture' folder and keep it somewhere safe.

3. Choose the flare effect you prefer and copy the 'sb_flare00_color.ttx' from that folder and paste it into your '...\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\texture' folder, overwriting the original file (which you should have just backed up!).

4. Voila! A new sun flare effect in Aerofly FS 2.

UNINSTALLATION
    1. If you want to go back to the original effect, just copy the original 'sb_flare00_color.ttx' from your backup into your '...\Aerofly FS 2 Flight
    Simulator\texture' folder, overwriting the newer file.

-----

I hope you get some pleasure out of using these textures and it enhances your flight simming experience. Comments, thoughts and suggestions always welcome!

//Tailwheel

REFERENCE IMAGES

REALISTIC SUNFLARE 01

REALISTIC SUNFLARE 02

REALISTIC SUNFLARE 03

REALISTIC SUNFLARE 04

REALISTIC SUNFLARE 05

Edited once, last by Tailwheel: Added more variant textures. (September 5, 2016 at 11:12 PM).