FPS Test: What Aerofly FS 2 looks like to me.

• I had noticed quite a bit of (kind of stuttery) videos out there and it made me wonder, since my Aerofly doesn't do that even at ultra, so I did a fps test. Fps is in lower left corner, and is kind small so watch in full screen.

System is i7 6700 at 4.6Ghz (Hyperthreading on)
    32Gigs Ram
    Nvidia 1080Gtx
    Aerofly Ultra Settings

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Overkill is a good thing!!! (especially as I am thinking of grabbing a VR headset) :)

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• With your current HW and the graphical settings to 'ultra', I suppose any game or simulator will 'play' fluent without stuttering.
    Your rig is a wishlist for most actual PC-users :rolleyes:

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• How do you get on with clouds on the mountain tops? A lot of setups show flickering cloud on the mountain crests mine included. My graphics card is 4 stages below yours and has a fraction of the memory so it would be interesting to see if it is caused by a hardware limitation or not.

Some 3D ships would greatly improve the sea-side views. The pancake flat boats look really bad, better removed than left in.

• Uber-hardware isn't totally necessary to get good performance out of Aerofly though. As a comparison, I get a rock solid 60fps (vsync on) and 140+fps (vsync off) flying around San Francisco, Ultra settings and Culumus/Cirrus cloud density set to max.

My Spec:

Intel i5-3570K o/c 4.3GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia 680GTX

My PC is at least three years old and gives more than acceptable performance.

• Uber-hardware isn't totally necessary to get good performance out of Aerofly though. As a comparison, I get a rock solid 60fps (vsync on) and 140+fps (vsync off) flying around San Francisco, Ultra settings and Culumus/Cirrus cloud density set to max.

My Spec:

Intel i5-3570K o/c 4.3GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia 680GTX

My PC is at least three years old and gives more than acceptable performance.

Is that at 1080p?

• How do you get on with clouds on the mountain tops? A lot of setups show flickering cloud on the mountain crests mine included. My graphics card is 4 stages below yours and has a fraction of the memory so it would be interesting to see if it is caused by a hardware limitation or not.

Its a problem with Aerofly itself and will have to be solved there.

Devons rig

• Indeed, no Killer-Hardware needed,
    after the update I have steady 70-90 fps with all set to max (only few clowds though) at a resolution of 5760x1060 (3 monitors)

My rig is:

Intel i5-3570K an ASROCk Z77PRO (quite old) only slightly overclocked, cuz I like it quiet
    16GB RAM
    Gigabyte GeForce 1060 Windforce OC 6G (a very quiet graphics card and the only new hardware in my rig)

They did a very good job with this update, my fps increased by appr. 20%