• If you are one of those simmers who know how to improve default files for rectifying developer failures,
    you better back up your work, not only their original files.

I have learned that e.g. aircraft files are eventually being overwritten when launching the sim.
    This may be okay for improvements, but can destroy your work for bad.

For a better explanation: i have edited all view cams and aircraft sounds, which was a lot of work.
    Every couple of days some magnificiant finger seems crawling around on my hard disk and resets
    the airplane to default. Hours and hours of work: gone!

i had kept a copy of my .tmd files on the pc-desktop and simply re-apply them (or specific lines within them)
    to the sim-folders to keep my changes.

Unfortunately some of their changes are surprising and unpredictable, for example they took away the trim setting function for
    the F/A-18, which in fact makes me nervous, as they seem to go away from realism to bullshit in some matters.

Consider this as a hint only from one user to another:). No reply needed.

• Ehm, I actually added the F-18 trim back in with the current version. In fact if you set up your pitch and aileron trim on the pivot switch of your joysick you can fly the aircraft just with that. Even with the autopilot engaged you can steer the aircraft this way, just like the real one. And yes Steam overwrites the files when IPACS publishes a new update but this only happens to the default game files, not the stuff in your users directory usually. Settings files maybe but no aircraft installed in the users Documents is touched. You can actually go ahead and copy an entire aircraft from the installation folder, rename the folder and "f18.tmd" to "f18mod.tmd" (all .tmd, tmc, .tmb files).
    Then you will have two aircaft in the selection menu. Change the .tmc file to give the modified one some different name.

The Aerofly RC 7 has a nice implementation for modified aircraft. There mods can be added to a "aircraft_mod" folder in the users documents, those will not be touched by any updates. But the Aerofly FS 1 and 2 do not have the option to switch to a different modification of the aircraft as of today.

• will check for resume of the trim. Thanks.

By the way, reducing the number of default aircraft and/or specific liveries/paints works fine.

if you hate a specific airplane, simply throw it into a seperate/new create folder.
    It won't show up in the sim.

Same for liveries/paints.

looks a lot cleaner now when chosing an airplane.

• I would like to see your "glamor shots", can you please post them here for me? Please go to the advanced post editor in this forum when answering and use the code # element, so that I can just copy paste the code with the correct indentation.

Code
    <[string8][object][camera]
                <[string8][Name][CameraName]>
            >
  • Here's a couple of extra views I use for the C172...

• I would like to see your "glamor shots", can you please post them here for me? Please go to the advanced post editor in this forum when answering and use the code # element, so that I can just copy paste the code with the correct indentation.

Code
    <[string8][object][camera]
                <[string8][Name][CameraName]>
            >

Here you go.

Note: these views are optimized for VR use. They include [Direction] and [X0] keywords so the rotations work in both VR and Non VR modes. I think VR mode ignores the [Direction] values and always points to "0,0,0" degrees. But VR still accepts the [X0] values so this is a good way to have different settings for VR and NonVR.

PS. Would be nice if we had a tool to help us come up with these numbers ;)

What the external views need now, is some "Wingman Cam" aircraft drift (like in DCS) to add to the realism (as though your flying along side rather than the plane being "glued" to your camera. eg: https://youtu.be/CUWCBcbgaBo It's pretty amazing in VR.

New 737 Views
    ==================================================

Tweaked Existing 737 Views
    ===============================================

New 747 Views
    ===============================================