Daytime shadows projections

• Dear IPACS team,

First of all I don't want to be the one complaining. I'm really fond of both AeroflyFS editions and just bring topics on the table for open discussion since AFS2 is under a very promising development, please don't take it the wrong way.

I noticed in AFS2 that the mesh (in other words, mountains) don't cast shadows on the ground, depending on day time.
    I know such a feature would increase GPU load but was such a topic discarded on purpose from the roadmap, or are there plans to integrate it in the future?

Thanks and best regards
    Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Antoine,

we can add this option in a future update. A few reasons for not adding it:

- It does have an extra performance hit, so it should be used with caution and on very fast graphic cards only
    - The quality of the shadows cast by the terrain might interfere with the actual shadows in the aerial images, which 'might' look strange on a few places

Anyway, we will check and see if we can add it as an optional feature.

• Thanks a lot for that reply.

It actually makes a real visual difference when flying in the mountains, especially in the morning or late afternoon. But yes it increases the load on the GPU, thus such a feature would deserve a switch.

BR and keep up the good work
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.