ELITE Hardware modules compatibility....

• I'm a long time ELITE Flight Simulator ( Home version - since v7, now on v8.6 ) and owner of their GNS 530 and one of the throttle quadrant hardware modules.

These units are meant to be used with the ELITE software, but drivers for MSFS and X-Plane are available, for free in the case of MSFS and P3D, payed in the case of X-Plane because they were developed out of ELITE.

It would be wonderful to be able to use ELITE hardware also with AEFS2. I believe they can be contacted for that matter ( https://www.aerofly.com/www.flyelite.ch ) but I can initiate the contact myself if the AEFS2 team considers this for future updates :)

An even better scenario would be to make available AEFS2 visuals ( out of windshield ) just as ELITE allows for both ESP and now P3D.

Limited by Main Thread...

• Hi José,
    you can try to contact them and check if they would be interested in supporting their devices for Aerofly FS 2. We do offer a SDK so they can read simulation data and send back in messages as well. We might not offer everything required by those devices, but it would be a start.

• Just so additional info...

One of the ELITE Flight Simulation team members is interested in looking into AEFS2's SDK, after he installed the game and really appreciated it's performance and graphics.

AFAIK and since he is always rather busy with is support work, he will probably try to use the SDK to create some compatibility plugin.

For me it would be great to use at least the twin power quadrant, while AEFS2 doesn't get it's own GNS 430 or 530 :)

Limited by Main Thread...

• Had to resurrect this thread, because I just purchased the YOKO yoke and cannot assign any axes. The yoke is recognized in the controllers setup, but the only thing it will assign are button presses. In the calibration section, all axes are recognized and move accordingly.

I tried resetting everything to default settings, but that didn't resolve the issue.

Note: The yoke works perfectly in other programs.

This is an incredible piece of hardware!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Images

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• "file extension invalid" showed when I attempted to upload them, so I made a copy and renamed them with .txt

edit:

I just plugged the yoke into my laptop, with no other controllers installed and got the exact same results. It appears in the calibration screen and responds to control inputs, but will not assign any axes. I even tried using other axes instead of just pitch and roll.

Does anyone know if the YOKO YOKE and RUDDO RUDDERS work with either version of Aerofly?

Thank you very much

I'd sure like to know if you had any luck with yours two years ago!!!8|

Kind of hard to believe only two of us own a yoko in this entire forum:/

2/6/19

Dear Mr. ****,

Thanks for contacting us, I'm Joan Borrós from Virtual Fly technical department.

Yoko yoke works as any standard Joystick and it should work with any software that follows standard Joystick inputs.

Unfortunately we haven't tested Aerofly FS2 as we cannot guaranty full compatibility with all software available on market.

We guarantee full support for FSX/P3D and X-Plane 11.

Hope you understand, we take note of it and if in the future we test it we will let you know.

Best Regards,

JOAN BORRÓS

jborros@virtual-fly.com

C. Mª Aurèlia Capmany 29

P.I. La Fàbrica

08297 Castellgalí (Spain)

T. (+34) 938 333 301

virtual-fly.com

Files

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

Edited 2 times, last by Redtail: update (February 6, 2019 at 9:15 PM).

• Revisiting this thread, I am happy to report that my YOKO yoke is working great in FS2!

A couple of weeks ago, I was using the yoke in that "other sim" and noticed some weird jittering in the onscreen yoke whenever I moved my physical yoke to the limits of it's axes. After a few emails to the manufacturer, it was determined that I had a bad circuit board (a small board that the USB cable plugs into). They sent me a replacement board with updated firmware. I installed the new board, calibrated the yoke and the issue was resolved...…..YAY!

My next thought was, let's try it now in FS2.

Bingo! So the issue was never with the sim, it was hardware.

Thanks

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA