What video card settings for AA and Aniso should we use

• IPACS Support,
    It seems that I already have reasonable Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic filtering when flying Aerofly FS2 - especially in VR - but I wondered if the application is setting those graphic settings on its own or are we supposed to set them with either Nvidia Control Panel or Nvidia Inspector. The game UI doesn't offer us any choices.

Thanks for the best sim graphics

Dave

• Dave,
    the anti-aliasing is handled directly by Aerofly internally and is set to 4x MSAA. As far as we know the 3D driver settings should have no effect here. We might add an option in the future, but there is really no point in it as anything lower than 4x doesn't look very nice and anything higher than 4x really causes a performance drop, but we leave this open.

• IPACS Support,
    Thanks for the quick response. That alone speaks well of your team!

I'm happy with the image quality as is - with Render Scale being set to 1.4 or so (which adds about 3.5 milliseconds in frame time on my PC (4.2 Ghz i7 with Nvidia 970) - it looks great in VR. I imagine others would like to try different AA and Aniso settings in the Nvidia Control Panel or Inspector - I haven't tried them - maybe it works already. As long as I can have FPS continue to stay at Rift Vsync - I'm good.

Dave

• There is shimmer and image distorsion in the Rift at long range distance in particular mountains caused by shadows perhaps. This has previously been reported. Indeed the settings in Nvidia inspector do nothing to alleviate this problem!:(