• Creating this thread to record bugs in the latest release:

• Flying near Columbia crashes app. Cannot start on any runway, the app crashes back to spring board. Even flying from another location, as you approach Columbia at any height, the app crashes back to spring board.
    • Co-pilot:
      Route set to Brackett Field 08L. Co-pilot will deivate to the right on final approach and completely miss the airport.
      Route set to Ontario 08L. Co-pilot will deivate to the right on late in final approach and completely miss the runway. Looking at how the aircraft is lined up, it almost seems like the co-pilot is trying to line up with Ontario 08L instead of Brackett Field 08L. Not sure if this is the case or if that has any impact on why Ontario does not work properly either.
    • Co-Pilot:
      Landing gear should deploy around 3nm from runway when co-pilot has route engaged. This works fine apart from the following scenario. Select a location for take off, take off and retract landing gear. Now go into navigation menu and select a destination and go back into flight and engage co-pilot and route. In this scenario, aircraft will approach runway but not deploy landing gear. It seems to be that if the landing gear switch has been toggled without a route already being planned, once a route is engaged, it thinks the landing gear has already been deployed.
    • Crashing at full throttle, plane restarts with throttle still up full but plane drops speed. Need to manipulate the throttle to restore speed.
    • Landing gear cannot be retracted on ground now which is good but cockpit switch still moves. If in up position, gear will retract immediately on take off.
    • Info bar font very fine, top right camera label is tiny.
    • Rudder on B737 in flight causes severe body roll. Happens with all aircraft to some degree but the B737 is the worst affected and the rudder is unusable in flight.
    • F15 autopilot does not lock to current heading when activated, it seems to default to heading 360.
    • I notice a lot of the aircraft seem a bit less responsive in this release. The likes of the F18 does not seem quite as agile as before, especially when pulling up.
  • Los Angeles elevation bug. Not sure exactly how to replicate this but it has happened twice to me now. If you move to a close by airport, you can still see it as per the second screenshot. You need to switch to an airport further away to refresh the scenery then come back for it to be cleared and LA to appear correctly:

• The Co-pilot is still a work in progress as it is a complex 'beast'. If the route is too short, the Co-pilot does not work properly yet, so ensure you have a reasonably long route.

We have internally fixed the issue with Columbia and the shadow rendering.

Aerofly FS 2 also did not work on 32 Bit iOS devices, like the iPhone 5 and iPad 4. We hope we fixed this as well.

• Weird, Just tried it again but this time with the 747 and it is still rendering fine. Took it up to 23k feet and no issue. What height and location are you at? Does it happen with all aircraft for you?
    I've just tested on the Pro 9.7 but will try the mini 4 in the morning.

• Sorry, I cropped the image for easy viewing :p
    The screenshot was taken at about 21k feet ~2:00 gmt.
    I think the black square is barely visible with smaller aircrafts at high altitudes, but I'll check deeper tonight. Thanks donka!

• 1.Landing gear cannot be retracted on ground now which is good but cockpit switch still moves. If in up position, gear will retract immediately on take off.
    2.Rudder on B737 in flight causes severe body roll. Happens with all aircraft to some degree but the B737 is the worst affected and the rudder is unusable in flight.

1. That's the way it's IRL as well on many planes.

2. I guess with 'body roll' you mean roll moment. Why would you use the rudder in flight?

However at low speed applying full rudder IRL on the 737 results in a much higher roll rate than the ailerons and roll spoilers provide.

Btw, when taking out the crab angle during a crosswind you do have to apply quite a bit of opposite aileron to counter the resulting roll moment, but that's the case with all swept wing planes.

• [...]However at low speed applying full rudder IRL on the 737 results in a much higher roll rate than the ailerons and roll spoilers provide.[...]

And if you apply full rudder at higher speeds you would probably rip off the tail section, or if you are lucky you'll just perform a violent spiral as happened with several rudder malfunctions in Boeing aircraft :p

Regards,

Jan

• Tested some more on the mini 4. Happens with the MB-339 around 24k feet. Also happens with the A380 although I discovered another bug - see screens below. I saw this once last night with the 747. I was leaving Edwards Air Base and set the AP to fly to 28k feet. While on AP, I clicked the up icon a few times to increase the altitude. The aircraft then started flipping out and AP disengaged. Aircraft was completely uncontrollable as it was rolling and diving. Pulled up and tried to bank level but it just started rolling the other way and started diving again as the airspeed dropped. Same thing just happened just now with the A380, the only difference is I didn't use the up icon - I just left it on AP and it got up to around 22k feet then the AP disengaged and the aircraft starting to flip out airspeed dropping, diving, and rolling in an uncontrollable fashion. It was impossible to get the aircraft level again. The landing gear also popped through the side of the fuselage even though landing gear icon was not touched: