Dovetail Flight Simulator Delayed.

• Interesting. With the upcoming release of Xplane-11, The hopefully great updates for Aerofly FS 2 and the release of DTG simulator all probably at around the same time period, things were set up for some pretty interesting comparisons. Now, maybe each sim will get a bit of breathing room and not all have major news nearly simultaneously.

Earlier this year, we announced the development of our new flight simulator, which generated an incredible amount of excitement in the community. We would like to thank you all for the tremendous amount of interest and support we have received so far.

Based on your feedback, we have been focusing on three key areas: visuals, performance and experience, all of which are instrumental to the hobby. In order to further enhance these areas, we have made the decision to postpone the release of this project.

In the meantime, we expect to have a detailed development update for you in the New Year. As a team, we are incredibly excited to share what we have been up to! Until then, we hope you have a fantastic holiday season and look forward to making 2017 a great year for flight simulation.

Dovetail Games Flight Sim Team

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Well it seems that all project nowadays can't be finished on time. Ipacs already knows that its really difficult to estimated software development for such a complex program and sticks to the philosophy of not announcing any relase dates at all. This way they are never "late" for a release date and don't have to rush things.
    Here is my personal bet on the X-Plane release: They will probably deliver before Christmas because that's a great sale boost, but I am guessing at least a third of the users will have major issues that will probably only be resolved in January or February or even March... But who knows...

Cheers,
    Jan

• Well Laminar Research just released all beta testers from NDA, so X-plane 11 is probably right around the corner......

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Already messing with it.

Devons rig

• Nothing at all is not correct!

This still holds:
    http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthre…ng-Early-Access

And there has been the Q400 teaser not to long ago
    http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthre…ier-Dash-8Q-400

And if you follow this forum and the Steam forums you'll hear a new statement from IPACS about planned features every now and then...

And if you look at the release notes of the latest EA. version: http://steamcommunity.com/games/434030/a…861478933183974
    You might notice that we added system pages to the Boeing 747... The A320 already has all system pages with some of the systems partially working and I am currently adding Learjet system pages. If you extrapolate this, adding system pages could mean adding systems later on... you can see where this is headed.

I don't know the official plan but I am guessing after the big VR addition (still ongoing development e.g. with VIVE vr-controllers) and laying the groundwork by adding LNAV/VNAV and "copilot" that can control the autopilot in the mobile version, now its time for either ATC and air traffic or multiplayer as the next major improvement. In the mean time, as stated in the roadmap (1. link) other features will be implemented. Those could be engine start/stop and fuel planning maybe? Or maybe an interface to change the flight plan from within the flightdeck (a.k.a. FMS)? I'd really like that :)

Cheers,
    Jan

• atc, traffic (air, ground, seas), multiplayer, weather systems, roads, terrain shadows, a better vegetation,
    yes Jan, definetly all yet missing.

If these standard modules take so long i'd better give up on longterm visions.
    i was hoping for some big throws in gaming when i saw their potential, not just another sim in the shelf.

If they can't decide on extending their team rapidly and gain on speed,
    then take the next visionary level, this is gonna end as one of many, end before it really took height.

• "weather systems, roads, terrain shadows, a better vegetation" OK, I'd appreciate fixed docked ships and perhaps some road traffic.

Not sure if many pilots would want ATC, why not be required to file flight plans and wait a half hour before moving? :(
    I like the pleasant side of flying and multiplay is a thousand miles from the experience, for me a fixed plane doing circuits could be the maximum of that concept.