F-15E what a Beauty!!

• What a hot rod! When you got to get somewhere quick this is the bird!

Very nice. Love the way the intakes move.

I managed to zoom it up to 105,980' :cool:

Also tried the NY scenery. Think I almost gave my old GTX 670 gpu a heart attack. lol. I am going to need to upgrade soon.

• You are right Almdudler. I switched from ultra setting to low and NY is smooth now! My graphics card thanks you! And NY still looks gorgeous!

Had a beautiful flight in the Strike Eagle. Took off from Newark, toured around La Guardia, Manhattan and then curious, I headed north towards Boston.

I spot Cape Cod in the distance. From altitude the Boston airport is identifiable. Down low here, this far north of NY, the terrain is low res and blotchy. However at high altitude it is extremely easy to navigate VFR.

I climb back up to FL380 and wonder if I Nova Scotia is possibly modeled? At Mach 2.4 it is not too long and I spot Canada’s Blue Nose province right where it should be! Then, with the Bay of Fundy off to my left, I overfly Yarmouth then take a heading for Halifax. The Halifax harbor and the cities go by. On to Cape Breton!

Over the causeway, Bras d’ Or Lake and then Sydney. Is Newfoundland in AFFS2?? I see St. Paul Island and then The Rock!

Adjusting my heading slightly north, I overfly Stephenville and aim for Deer Lake. I descend low over the water and do a mach 2 pass down the lake and over the town. Grand Lake with its large distinctive island with steep shore visible off to my right. I overfly Deer lake airport and pop back up to pick up Gros Morne Park. Down through the fjord at a ridiculous speed, then zooming back to altitude and a turn for Gander.

The large lake becomes visible from the distance and I pick up the city and airport. A turn aims me towards St. John’s, but first a slight detour allows me to pick up Catalina where I drop down low and do a roll over the community in honor of an old friend. Back up to altitude and then a turn towards the city of Legends, St. John’s. I spot Bell Isle, overfly the airport, and turn for a pass through the entrance to the harbor and Signal Hill.

Totally lost track of time and had great fun sight seeing. Most of my flight from takeoff had been in full AB. It appears the fuel consumption modeling is most definitely still a WIP. However this sim has so much potential and is so awesome in VR. I am certainly looking forward to the future with this sim!

Edited once, last by Mr. Bean (December 26, 2016 at 7:44 PM).

• At least on my machine, probably the setting that most affects frame-rates is shadows. You might want to turn those down or off and see what happens.

On my machine, they are so distractingly shimmery at this point that off is a very viable option.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Just out of curiosity there's a screenshot of the new F-15 flying at FL900... and the author asking if that's supposed to be possible IRL...

Well, here's the answer:

"Between Jan. 16 and Feb. 1, 1975, the Streak Eagle broke eight time-to-climb world records. It reached an altitude of 98,425 feet just 3 minutes, 27.8 seconds from brake release at takeoff and coasted to nearly 103,000 feet before descending."

Limited by Main Thread...

• At least on my machine, probably the setting that most affects frame-rates is shadows. You might want to turn those down or off and see what happens.

i found that textures, sat imagery resolution and shadows settings influence the performance much less than Clouds, Distance Visability and Size of Window (PC). Sounds curious, i know.

As a consequence, and despite my pre-war pc model, i fly with medium to very high settings at number of buildings, shadows and textures, but keep trees, clouds (voluminous cumuli nimbi, not cirrus) at a little more descent level.

My neck breaker is definetly that i don't have SSD. That keeps loading times long, also when interrupting game for re-adusting something like settings or plane-change or nav or so.