• Just had a fly around New York in the C-172 on my DK2 rift. It was stunning! So many buildings! Reflections of buildings in the buildings. Sunset and long shadows, night time and buildings lit up. So much eye candy and still so smooth, I absolutely love it! I remember starting flight sims with Microsoft flight sim as a green grid with a jaggy line at one end to represent mountains. I have ended up with P3D Orbx,Rex Flyinside etc etc and all of the complications of getting them all to talk to each other.

I haven't had a flight sim that has given so much straight out as Aerofly has. VR Worked flawlessly, all the Saitek controls were recognised and a great selection of aircraft. Absolutely beautiful scenery. OK there are things that I would like, a helicopter around NY would be good, cars moving, better weather, but looking at what you have so far I'm sure these will come.

I am suprised that Reddit flight sim or you tubers like froogle aren't raving about this. Perhaps they are to heavily invested in P3D. I have spent a fair bit on Orbx over the years and will do again if it's available in Aerofly.
    Thank you for an amazing product

• I have a Titan X gpu an i7 Devils canyon CPU, water cooled and overclocked. Basically I ended up with all of this trying to get P3D to work in VR. With all of this I still had stuttering problems and it was hard to keep the frame rates up. I would get vr nausea. I could never max out the scenery. Canberra Orbx would hardly work in vr. This. Is why the flight over NY is so amazing, smooth at ultra settings. So much to look at out of the window.

• I keep discovering cool little features - flying around NYC at dawn in VR, the distant buildings were blocking the sunlight flooding into the cockpit as I passed through the shadow, lovely little touch.

Also, the ability to change time on the fly is really cool. I have time +/- assigned to a button on my throttle, so I can get perfect lighting and sun position at the flick of a button. It works really well too when you are on the runway and you have mistakenly set the wrong time you can flick night into day in a few clicks.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• I keep discovering cool little features - flying around NYC at dawn in VR, the distant buildings were blocking the sunlight flooding into the cockpit as I passed through the shadow, lovely little touch.

Also, the ability to change time on the fly is really cool. I have time +/- assigned to a button on my throttle, so I can get perfect lighting and sun position at the flick of a button. It works really well too when you are on the runway and you have mistakenly set the wrong time you can flick night into day in a few clicks.

Thanks for the tip about assigning the time+/- to a button, this sim gets better by the day it's so easy and fast to get into or change a flight.

4.6GHz OC, Windows 10 home, 16GB RAM, 780 Ti SC 3GB
    Thrust master HOTAS Warthog, Virtual-Fly TQ3, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, 40 inch 4K Philips screen, CV1, P3DV4, Aerofly FS 2 for pc and iPad.

• Yeah, I'm always just diving in to FSX on defaults an ending up at an airfield in the dark because I forgot to set the time correctly, then waiting ages to reload the flight. Having such fine control over time is a great touch. Now does that make it less sim and more of a game? I'm not sure but I prefer having the feature there, and it can easily be ignored for anyone who doesn't like it.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• On my side I assigned the T and Shift+T keys, but same usage. Very useful also when you load another place, no need to compute the local time : once the scenery loaded I just adjust time for the desired lightning.

The direct lightning and shadows cast by buildings are beautiful in Manhattan, although it seems quite heavy for the graphical engine.
    In neighbouring districts this effect rather draws the attention on missing buildings (much less visible by mid day lightning).

A video showing the beautiful effect, and my flight through the shadow cast by the Empire State Building.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Unfortunately this direct lightning and shadow casting doesn't apply to ground texture and mesh making mountain flight look somewhat odd when not mid of day or early afternoon.
    I'm afraid however that having the mesh to cast shadows might be expensive for fluidity...

Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Well the current shadow tech can be very pricey, paid for with FPS. I think they are a WIP.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Agree totally with bnlcoops. Just bought aerofly fs2 after a long association with fsx and p3d. They`re great sims in themselves but this is also very impressive. No fiddling with graphics settings for VR or the Sim. Already my motion platform has a dedicated plugin for Aerofly and buttkickers also working with it. Added to which the Oculus rift vr view is butter smooth in ultra with 1.5 rendering setting. It may be early access but I cant wait for the improvements to come. WOW,

Z170 asus mobo. i7 6700K 4.6ghz per core. 16 gig Mem. GTX 1080 graphics.
    Oculus CV1. GT ultimate V2 Motion platform and rig. 2x buttkickers on 300 w amp with Simvibe software. T500rs and saitek flight equipment. 7.1 sound setup.

• WOW indeed, just got NYC and it is amazingly good. I cannot believe how smooth it is on a 4.3 GHz anniversary pentium G3258 (2 cores, no hyperthreading) with an overclocked GTX950ti graphics card on 1080 non VR. Maxxed out it just gives an occasional burp when looking out sideways at low level, it really is some achievement IPACS! The shadows!!

Well well done.

• Agree totally with bnlcoops. Just bought aerofly fs2 after a long association with fsx and p3d. They`re great sims in themselves but this is also very impressive. No fiddling with graphics settings for VR or the Sim. Already my motion platform has a dedicated plugin for Aerofly and buttkickers also working with it. Added to which the Oculus rift vr view is butter smooth in ultra with 1.5 rendering setting. It may be early access but I cant wait for the improvements to come. WOW,

Which platform do you have? I just ordered a 3DOF from dynkit. And can't wait for it to arrive. I've been practicing Cessna landings with strong crosswind in VR and am craving motion to complete the immersive experience. Do you find your platform works well with FS2?

• Hi, brmmbrmm, I have a next level V2 platform available from Pagnian. Motionsystems EU build them and supply the software with frequent updates. The FS2 plugin gives all axis movement, pitch roll yaw sway bumps etc. Side slips feel like the real thing in VR, even bumps about in turbulence with the buttkickers giving feel feedback too.

Z170 asus mobo. i7 6700K 4.6ghz per core. 16 gig Mem. GTX 1080 graphics.
    Oculus CV1. GT ultimate V2 Motion platform and rig. 2x buttkickers on 300 w amp with Simvibe software. T500rs and saitek flight equipment. 7.1 sound setup.