Cold and Dark DR400!!!!!!

• Wow ! I'm not at home to check my AeroflyFS, but I cannot dare hoping it's true...

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• I have no idea what this is all about......... :confused:

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• At Steam was written, there is the SDK released... I downloadet it and there is an instruction, which says that there is a almost finished DR400 in the folder. You only have to follow the instructions in the manual, its only about pressing a few keys and then you have a cold and dark DR400:cool:

• You have to extract everything and then there is anywhere a pdf file. That's the instruction... then you have to scroll until you find something written about the DR400. Then you follow the few steps and then you can have fun:cool:

And don't worry, it's true:o

• lw36 and jk1895,
    I wonder what is the difference between our systems?
    I have Windows 10 64-bit Version 1511 Build 10586.713) 980X @4.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM
    Maybe IPACS can figure it out - I am re-downloading the SDK and will try again - but a lot of the aircraft is fine (just the instrument panel and the side of the fuselage are really messed up) and I checked the instrument panel textures inside the SDK folder as well as the side of the fuselage texture and it looks fine. It seems to be an error during conversion (maybe) - but why. As far as video card and driver - I have an Nvidia 970 and running 375.75 drivers.

In this outside image you can see the speckles on the side of the rear fuselage and aileron but the wings seem clear.

• Here is my attached logfile ( a shortened version due to attachment file size limits) that is in the Windows 10 Documents subdirectory called "Aerofly FS 2 Aircraft Converter" after the corrupt textures are produced. There are many ERROR reports but I don't know if it matters. I also note that the actual converter programs (in "Program Files\Aerofly FS 2 Content Converter" ) use the Nvidia CUDA and Texture Tools - maybe there is an issue with them on my particular video card - Nvidia 970??

lw36 - what PC system components do you have?

• I can't fix it.
    But the best thing is! I have the plane in AeroFly FS2 but I can't find a single file or a folder with "dr400" (to delete them). Neither in my Steam folder nor in the whole C: partition.
    I give up for now, thats to much... :o

EDIT:
    I found the folder on an another drive. Deleted and generated it again. Nothing.
    Moved it into the Steam aircraft folder but it's still broken.

• As far as where the actual SDK model results go - it is at C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\aircraft and C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\places.

I wonder if the aircraft_converter requires a certain CPU i7 instruction set, a GPU 10X0 instruction set, or system DLL. LW36 has an AMD video card I think.
    I've tried hitting the convert button several times, loading the newest video drivers (376.33), re-downloading the SDK and re-installing the aircraft converter - no change - several textures are either corrupted or simply super low res.

I also am wondering about corruption of the Kingman airport scenery conversion - look at the "paw prints" on the taxiway in this photo:

BTW, the Garmin moving map can have it's range scale changed by the top button. I am hoping that someday we can supply our own aerial imagery with the SDK tools to improve an airport that doesn't have surrounding imagery provided.

Overall, the current SDK is a super great start. Hope a less expensive 3D modeler can be supported.