Cold and Dark DR400!!!!!!

• It seems like some textures, e.g. either normal maps or ambient maps are not converted properly. Please tell us your exact PC configuration, be as detailed as possible.

Interesting fact perhaps: in my config, Aeroflyfs 2 is installed in HDD "E", not in HDD "C". And I saw that the aircraft converter installed automatically the converted DR 400 in "C:/users/.... and so... I tried to manually move it in "E:/users..... and to delete the DR 400 in C:/users..... . Even manually moving the converted "DR400" folder in "aircraft folder" works, but the textures are still very low quality... Perhaps is this bug linked with the location oft the converted plane folder ? Because when you install the SDK, it never asks you WHERE your Aerofly Fs 2 is located. And I'm sure that I'm not the only one, with aerofly fs2 not installed in "C", but in "D", or "E" HDD.... Thx for your support.

My config is Win 7 64bits, with I7-2600K, and Nvidia 750Ti, aerofly fs 2 is running very well, otherwise....

• Mein PC:
    Intel i5-4670K @ 4,3 GHz
    Gainward Phoenix GTX 1080 GLH @ stock mit 376.19 Treibern
    Gigabyte Z87 Mainboard
    Cruzial RAM 16 GB (2x8) DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
    Aerofly und der Converter sind auf meiner Samsung SSD installiert. Die SDK Dateien sind auf einer anderen normalen HD.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit (immer aktuell) Benutzer Daten (Dokumente, Bilder, Musik usw.) sind nicht auf der Windows Partition (SSD) sondern auch auf einer anderen HD.

• Ok, I have a AMD Radeon R5 M335 GPU and a Intel quadcore I5-6200U CPU @2.3GHz and I'm running Windows 10 64-Bit...

And my Instrument Panel is in very high Resolution like that:
    But i have the texture Quality on high or ultra, not sure at the moment...

• lw36 and IPACS,
    Merry Christmas!

Thanks for the feedback. Something is happening during the conversion on my PC and at least one other user - we will figure it out sometime. I'm guessing that the corrupt generated files are int02_panel_color.ttx (4,370KB) and ext01_fuseandwings_color.ttx (2,958KB) - the originals in the SDK aircraft_workshop\dr400 look fine (49,153KB dates = 9/1/2016 and 12/9/2014). I suppose it could be bump,ambient,etc??

I have a 980X@4.2Ghz, Windows 10 (Version 1511, Build 10586.713), 12gb RAM, Nvidia driver (tried both 375.95 and 376.33), Nvidia 970

Not sure if file size will tell you (IPACS) anything but here are snapshots of the generated directory:

• Just came back home, downloaded the SDK and compiled the DR400 according to the PDF. Everything went fine in my case with 1 click and maybe 1 minute compilation.

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 4.00GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit (should now appear im my signature).

Thank you so much for that great Robin being now available for AFS 2 !!! what a nice Christmas present !

Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• lw36,
    Thanks much for sending the ZIP of dr400!! It looks like there are maybe 10 or so ttx (texture) files that are different. You have really helped us debug this - and hopefully IPACS can figure it out. I assume that maybe the nvtt_v64.dll (the Nvidia Texture Tools Library) or cudart64_75.dll (Nvidia CUDA runtime) that is part of the converter in C:\Program Files\Aerofly FS 2 Aircraft Converter may have some issues on some of the PCs - still I have no idea what is the difference that matters between PCs.

@IPACS,
    I am attaching the ZIP file of my "corrupted" dr400 files - hope this helps figure it out.
    EDIT: I decided to also provide my installed AircraftConverter tools - maybe that is somehow different

Dave

Edited 2 times, last by IPACS Support (December 27, 2016 at 10:48 AM).

• We will look into the issue with the converted textures on the DR400. We don't see yet what might cause it though.

Please do not post the full DR400 airplane here please, due to copyright reasons. We might offer a separate installer in the future for people interested in the DR400 but don't intend to use the SDK.

• I've got the same problem. Textures are corrupted or something. I've been trying twice to convert.

I'm Running Win 7 64 bit Pro, i7 2700K, GTX 970. All drivers, bios etc. are up to date... No problems with any other software. I'm running a 100% stable rig with no errors in any software of any kind until this.

Intel i7 2700K, ASUS Maximus IV Extreme Z, ASUS GTX 970 STRIX, Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1866MHz RAM 8GB (x2), Intel 535 SSD 480GB (x4), SONY 50" HDTV, Windows 7 64 bit.

• Same here - corrupted textures.(980X@4.2GHZ, Win10 build 1511, Nvidia 970 with 376.33) Perhaps instead of posting the entire binary aircraft (DR400) with possible licensing/copyright issues, we could simply post the corrected textures? If that is not acceptable to IPACS, please remove the ZIP. The only folks who would need these are those that already have the SDK. Eventually - and perhaps by noticing from this ZIP file which ones are affected (I used filesize only as a determining factor), the image compression tools can be fixed. I assume that IPACS has a full copy of the aircraft with corrupted textures already. These textures are copied into the C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\aircraft\dr400 directory.

Dave

• Dear IPACS team,

I love the Robin. I used to enjoy that plane in AFS 1 and could not wait flying her in AFS 2, since that's also the family of planes I fly the most IRL.

The flying model is perfectible regarding engine and Dutch roll stability, but for now I'm just happy having her in AFS 2.

Ground steering has however a problem, making it quite unsteerable.
    It has been said previously that the front wheel has a auto-locking system preventing deflection >10° at high speed (reduced weight on front wheel).

In AeroflyFS steering behaves like the front wheel is always locked. Even with differential braking one hardly can taxi down to the runway and line up.

IRL it happens the front wheel keeps locked after a very soft touchdown and gentle slow down keeping the stick to the belly. One just has to move the stick forward and use the brakes to put more weight to the front wheel and unlock it. In AeroflyFS it doesn't work however.

I thought I was the only one having that bug, but saw some users video showing the same problem.

Thanks in advance
    Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.