• Aerofly FS 2 with Oculus Rift is astounding. The amazing thing is it is so smooth, immersive and easy to set up and change situations. I am really looking forward to seeing it further developed and what Orbx and others will now add to this wonderful platform.

Well done Aerofly and Steam, and of course Oculus.

4.6GHz OC, Windows 10 home, 16GB RAM, 780 Ti SC 3GB
    Thrust master HOTAS Warthog, Virtual-Fly TQ3, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, 40 inch 4K Philips screen, CV1, P3DV4, Aerofly FS 2 for pc and iPad.

• It is, isn't it. :) I just got done flying for about an hour on the Rift. I have a bunch of games for it, but nothing is more satisfying than just flying around. I like Aerofly 2 much more than Xplane. We just need more airports. :)

Only 2 complaints. The Rift needs more resolution for better clarity of distant objects. Sometimes it can be hard to locate an airport.

Second complaint, the clouds. They look great from a fixed view, and look good when flying through them. It spoils the realism though when the clouds spin when you turn your head. Something needs to be done with that.

• Yes I agree with your criticisms which I am sure will be addressed. However what surprised me is the realistic feeling of presence in 3 dimensional space, just sitting in the cockpit of the Jumbo taxiing around at Zurich Airport then taking off seems so real. I fly a small GA aircraft so sitting there apparently 7-8m above the ground is quite an experience.

4.6GHz OC, Windows 10 home, 16GB RAM, 780 Ti SC 3GB
    Thrust master HOTAS Warthog, Virtual-Fly TQ3, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, 40 inch 4K Philips screen, CV1, P3DV4, Aerofly FS 2 for pc and iPad.

• In addition to Aerofly, I also do X-Plane, FSX, DCS, and War Thunder in VR... Aerofly is the most beautiful, but it NEEDS the clouds that War Thunder has, which is the second most beautiful.

I think those clouds are TrueSKY, which is the same thing FSW is using, though FSW has not even entertained the thought of VR. The sim that gets all these pieces together will pull ahead in the VR community. Right now I have to say that Aerofly is doing it right for the most part.

• In addition to Aerofly, I also do X-Plane, FSX, DCS, and War Thunder in VR... Aerofly is the most beautiful, but it NEEDS the clouds that War Thunder has, which is the second most beautiful.

I think those clouds are TrueSKY, which is the same thing FSW is using, though FSW has not even entertained the thought of VR. The sim that gets all these pieces together will pull ahead in the VR community. Right now I have to say that Aerofly is doing it right for the most part.

And of course, Aerosoft has just announced their own new sim. Seems this is the year of the sim! Kind of wild. This year also seems to mark the return of the limited area sim, which was once (only a year or so ago) nearly unthinkable.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• And of course, Aerosoft has just announced their own new sim. Seems this is the year of the sim! Kind of wild. This year also seems to mark the return of the limited area sim, which was once (only a year or so ago) nearly unthinkable.

Yeah they had told me previously that it was something they were working on. I am just in awe at what is going on now in the simming universe!

• And of course, Aerosoft has just announced their own new sim. Seems this is the year of the sim! Kind of wild. This year also seems to mark the return of the limited area sim, which was once (only a year or so ago) nearly unthinkable.

A new sim from Aerosoft...? Didn’t know about it. Do you have a link to more info?

BTW I am fine with limited area sims. I rather have a well done limited area than a mediocre done globe.

• This is from January, but it is the same sim.

https://pcflight.net/aerosoft-relea…ight-simulator/

Nope, It was actually a completely different and totally new sim. Aerosoft started a thread, and showed some pictures a few days ago..... Then abruptly deleted the entire thing. (Poof!)

Since the original post had caused some excitement and speculation over at Avsim, the Aerosoft threads sudden disappearance has caused some head-scratching.

Meanwhile, The release of the Meigs extension and Colorado is a double whammy that leaves me unsure where I want to fly first! ;)

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5